CrossFit after c-section

kabuk1

Reaction score
Anyone on here a crossfitter and had a c-section? I'm just wondering when you went back and what it was like? I'm only 5 weeks post section, so can't go back yet, but I know there is a box not too far that offers post-natal rehab (separate membership) with childcare provided during the session, and I'm wondering when is an ideal time to go back. I'm eager to exercise again, but I'm a little nervous. I'm feeling pretty good and won't start anything more than my walks until I have my check up at 8 weeks, but I need to see a starting point for this.

Whilst I'm really keen to hear from those who've had c-sections (I had an emcs), I'd love to hear from any mums out there what it was like returning and how much modifying you had to do. Thanks.

I didn't have a csec (2 vbirths). But atm I'm actually full pelt in the exercise world because I had to shift the weight.

My LO is 8m I started exercising probably a class a week when he was about 5m then after about 6w I moved it up to a personal training block which entails 3 morning hiits, 3 gym visits and my classes which I do 3/5 just depending on what I can physically manage and with kids. I haven't been as good with the gym in the recent weeks since I got unwell but was managing about 2/3 times but that was for weights which do fuck you over when your trying to lug a 9kilo baby about. I have also changed my diet dramatically taking in only lean meats veg berries and protein, good carbs.

I mean I can't advise much on the wound part I'll leave that to the HV/GP I know I wasn't recommended for 4m until stomach muscles retracted etc. But when you feel ready energy wise just phase back in. Do one class see how you go you'll only know if you try. Only when advised and able. Don't wanna overdo it and set yourself back.

Good luck. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back