Crazy anxiety!

Newmum13

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is my first pregnancy and I feel insanely anxious ALL the time. I thought I'd feel better after 20 week scan but we've had it and I've found out we are having a baby girl and I'm so excited but it's made my anxiety even worse! I'm constantly worried that something is going to go wrong and that she's not going to be ok. I feel like I can't enjoy it or be excited in case it is taken away from me. Is that crazy? Does anyone else feel like this? xx

This is really normal I had it all my first pregnancy so much so I didn't set up the Moses basket until the morning I was going to be induced! I was so convinced something was going to go wrong. The only thing I'd say is I developed post natal anxiety afterwards and had to see someone to control it. So just try and relax as u don't want it to continue after pregnancy. This time round I'm finding things a lot easier think coz I know what's happening whereas first time round everything is so new to u x

I am exactly the same.

Put off buying until 20 weeks just in case. Hve only ordered pram and car seat, and bought nothing else cause I'm terrified it will jinx everything.

We are 23 weeks today and slowly starting to get the house in order. Nursery is getting started (we are doing full renovation with new skirting boards etc) but not decorated until closer to May.

I'm hoping once we are past stage of viability, everything will settle.

My friend also thinks our way of seeing g the midwife is odd. She had her 2 boys in England, and saw the midwife every 2 weeks from 12weeks. In Scotland I saw midwife for first time at 22 weeks, then not again until 28 weeks! Maybe that doesn't help!

Maybe do some mindfulness and stuff? ante natal yoga maybe an idea?

Aww thanks, glad to hear I'm not alone! Really just want to relax and enjoy the pregnancy but just can't shake this anxiety! I might look into pregnancy yoga to try and relax lol!! I feel like that about the midwife, I'm 21 weeks and have only seen her twice and then won't see her again for another four weeks, it does feel like a long time! xxx

Very normal to feel like this, I was like it the whole way through my pregnancy, some days worse than others. Now she is here I feel like I spent far too much time worrying through out instead of just enjoying it. Do speak to your midwife though if it is really bad xx

Thanks everyone for the advice :) I will talk to the midwife if it gets really bad. I feel like I google every little twinge and flutter to see if it's normal xxxx

Don't trust Dr. Google. It will always tell you things are bad, long before the good stuff and the regular boring stuff comes after that.

I have found planning a trip away and family birthdays between now and baby making an appearance is keeping me going. Maybe just try to refocus to give you things to look forward to?

Yeah you're right Google definitely makes things worse, you can always find the worse case scenarios! I just can't wait until she is here and I can look after her and know she's ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back