cravings?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Should I have cravings by now?

How long have people had cravings for and should I be craving stuff yet?

Not a single urge for anything in particular yet. Hoping it stays like that!

Don't know if it's proper cravings, but I love love love pork chops at the moment!

And bovril on toast, has too be hot and buttery though!

Custard 9the creamy devonshire one) cold out of the tin and pickles (though not at the same time). I can't believe I have such a cliched craving, bloody pickles but I just love the smell of them.

I sorta goot cravings from bout nine weeks, was obsessed with fruit, but then sorta went at bout 13 weeks, and tottaly lost my appetite, now am slowly regaining it again.

bec x x

And another of mine is shrimp primula cheese spread, am eating it out the tube!

pepsi pepsi and more pepsi!!

rosieroo said:
And bovril on toast, has too be hot and buttery though!

I craved marmite on toast - it has a heck of alot of folic acid in it which is probably why! Love fruit juice and toast still, toast and butter and marmite - yum yum yum. Have funny on off cravings but also Chips and curry sauce fromt hechip shop has never tasted better! It's so nice!
Even curries - I used to HATE curry big time - now I like it! :lol:
I had cravings from day one and aversions (went off milk for first 8 weeks).

Im a vegetarian but have craved meat!! mainly chicken and chips like KFC or something!! also custard with rice crispies!!!!

I have had cravings form day one, my favourite food in the whole world is yogurt but now i cant even smell it!

I love marmite on toast too! Thats probably my main fancy, as well as bananas and pistachio nuts. Perhaps our bodies know what they need?

I hardly ever eat fresh fruit but love it at the minute i am glad that my baby has a sensible influence on me.

I also love lemonade ice lollies at the mo.

:D Its all very funny and the girls at work think i'm a right weirdo when i get my lunch out!

For ages it was bananas- about 5 or 6 a day, probably from about 12 weeks onwards- peaking about two weeks ago when I was also eating banana chips and I went up to my Mum's to stay and she made me a lush banana teabread/loaf type thing which I had for breakfast lunch and tea! I had a three day chip shop chips and mushy peas thing. A bit of an urge towards lentils and beans and about a three day strong thing for vinegary stuff- especially beetroot! I've had a strange aversion towards oats and rice which is very weird since the 2 years pre-pregnancy that's mostly what I'd been eating in order to lose weight and maintain a balance- porridge for breakfast, rice cakes and miso soup for lunch and some kind of cassarole or stir fry with rice for tea! I just can't face rice at all and the three times I've tried re-introducing porridge I've actually been sick which is crazy!! So I'm going with the flow and am going to worry about losing the weight I'll probably put on afterwards!

newbump- I'm a vegetarian too and my husband (who totally isn't) was hoping that I'd crave meat but so far I haven't. Have you eaten any? I haven't eaten any meat or fish for 23 years so I don't know if my stomach would cope with it anyway! I've been worried about getiing enough protein and omega 6 and 3 but I've been drinking vast amounts of soya milk and having lots of other soya products because they''re full of it and guess what? Bananas have protein too would you believe?! I was really surprised when I researched how good bananas are (I was worried about how many I was getting through!). I've been eating dried apricots for iron but so far my iron levels have been ok which is good because everyone and their aunt lectured me on how I'd probably have to eat meat again now I was pregnant because of iron and protein blah blah! My midwife didn't seem bothered though- she said I probably ate better than most anyway in terms of fresh fruit and vegetables and not to worry about it.

+++

I can't bear to eat any fruit, I tried the other day and was literally gagging trying to swallow it (tried melon, grapes and a nectarine) darent try any more now. Also, my fave food was chinese but now can hardly eat half a portion before getting fed up of it. Every night last week I had the same for tea, a full pasta 'n' sauce and 2 birds eye chicken burgers. Still on the pepsi too, I know it's bad but I can't stop. They do 5 cans for £1 in Heron!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back