cravings - our favourite subject

s

Reaction score
So what are the most recent cravings driving you to distraction?

I can't get enough of coleslaw. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Did I mention chocolate? The only draw back to chocolate is that I feel queasy after I've eaten it. Actually I feel queasy after I eat most things. Decaf milky coffee. Oh yes can't get enough of hot milk at the moment. The other thing is that my appetite has gone bonkers. I can't stop eating. I think it's because I feel so tired all the time. I'm going to be as big as a house and when I go for a walk I get out of breath very quickly.
Ring any bells?
S

Oh that rings bells with me. Its savoury things for me though and red cola. It has to be curries red cola and it has to be drunk from the glass bottle.

I've gone off coffee completely :( , but gone onto fruit teas!! I've just finished a cup of Strawberry and Mango, and it was lovely!

Can't stomach the thought of milk, except for on Weetabix, which normally I don't like. :?

On a good note I've really gone onto fruit. :D I've already had 2 bananas and a pound of grapes today!

I too love milk at the moment, I start the day with a huge glass of cold milk and that stops me being hungry and nauseaus while I walk the dog.. I then drink hot milk throughout the day.. like you S I cannot get enough!

I have gone off coffee and milk chocolate [I used to drink loads of coffee and eat tonnes of choc!!] and at first I could not get enough of fruit and veggies but now I cannot stand them.. its tough.. so whimsical!!!!

Tankett good for you if you can still stomach fruit.. I really cannot but I do drink juice now and again and OH hides the veggies in my dinner like with a child to get me to eat them :x :x

p.s I am craving bacon .. i had bacon and tomatoes on toast again for breakfast this morning.... lovely. :D :D

Milk seems to be a popular one! i love a big glass of ice cold milk.. mmm..

Coffee - i've never liked coffee but now i can't even stand the smell.. knocks me sick.. DH drinks mugs of it - strong and black!! strangly enough we haven't kissed for a while...

Grapes - got a mad craving for grapes - lasted a few weeks.. I was eating bags of them every day... had to be cold thou!

Now i'm prefering the sweet cake and biscults craving! trying to limit myself to just one biscuit or a slice of sponge cake (something little) each day...

Bought myself some bread sticks and low fat humous... gonna try and force myself to crave this as it's a healthier option... don't think it's gonna work thou!

Has anyone got any weird cravings yet???

x

Hi

I have had a mixture of cravings

first few months all I wanted was shepards pie for lunch and dinner

now I am craving chocolate, icecream and warm bread without crusts with tuna sweetcorn and mayo mmmmmmmm

I have just had one followed by a double decker.

:lol:

Sarah

Sarah, your cravings sound great :D
I don't look forward to or crave my decaf caps but I crave the milk in them. I tried hot chocolate to replace the decaffinated coffee but it was too sweet for me. I figure one decaf cap a day isn't going to do any harm.
One thing I can't stomach at the moment is alcohol. I'm not even having one until a week.
Tankett, I used to be a fruitaholic and have gone off it. Now all I want is chocolate, milk, bread and meat. Eating meat coming out my ears and I was practically a vegetarian before.
Go figure.
S

I was a savoury craver for my first trimester, sausage rolls were my downfall!!!!

I am now craving raw carrots, pickled onions, I ate a whole BIG jar in just over a day!!!!!! and the latest seems to be snickers bars - but I am trying to resisit eating too many of them!!!!!

I have gone off coffee, curry and meat - the only meat I can eat is chicken, steak is a no no!!!!

Xxx

EVERYTHING makes me sick at the moment but have a wierd addiction to buying food??!!

I go into Sainsburys/Marks and Spencers everyday and come home with bags of random things I'm not eating.

Today it's Scotch eggs, nectarines and clotted cream :?

Fiance thinks I'm mad.......I think he's right.

Wish there was an Aldi or something by work, this 'craving' is costing me a fortune!

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm, strawberry milkshake. Can't get enough of it at the moment!!

Helloooooo !!!

Well give all you girls a laugh .... i've gone bonkers with mint sauce, it has to be on EVERYTHING!!!! :D

Loving the whole milk thing hot or cold im not caring!!! and im eating too many cream cakes :? pasturised cream of course!!!

not really a craving story bt a funny one about food!!!

went to my parents for Tea on friday... they'd asked me thursday nite what i felt like... i fancied something simple like fish, chips and mushy peas... (going off meat as it has to be cooked well - i'm a bit of a vampire and like mine very bloody) all day friday i was looking forward to my fish n chips.. dad put the diner out.. it looked gorgeous!!! i picked up the vingar to add a splash to my chips... pulled the lid off without realising it was a flip lid with a small hole... turned the bottle upside down and emptied the whole bottle of vinegar over my fish n chips... nice!

x

Has anyone had any cravings they didn't realise they had??

I popped to the supermarket on Saturday to buy chicken and veg for Sunday dinner, and somehow, also came back with:

Orange and Mango smoothie
4 litres fresh orange juice
4 bottles of orange and passionfruit j2o
2 string nets of jaffa oranges
box of orange lollies

I didn't notice until I was unpacking them, and DH asked me if I had a craving for oranges!!!! :lol:

orange juice is supposed to be full of iron.
S

Great story Hayley.. I have done that with ketchup, but I love vinegar so I wouldn't mind spilling that!!

Tankett.. oranges.. as S said.. they are very good for you.. great craving to have!!

My cravings have eased off.. I cannot get enough of jacket potatoes at the moment but that will wear off soon.. I get bored quickly!!

Still cannot eat bananas despite eating 2 a day for the last year.. just cannot do them now.. yuck. ANd milk chocolate.. yuck and I used to be a bar or two of galaxy a day!!! now just eating loads of dark choc.. after eights.. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Since nausea has eased off my apetite is much better again.. even don't mind cooking [which OH is very relieved about as he was doing almost all of it !!] damn.. need to just pretend so he does it all again.

xxxx

oranges seem to be a popular one! my mum ate loads of orange lolly ices carrying me.. i can't stand fresh orange juice!!! too strong for me.. i drink glasses of ornage and mango cordial.. i knew someone who carried a litre bottle of orange cordial around with her whilst pregnant... posh spice even ate oranges with her first...

This week i love pasta - mmmm

x

lol Tankett!! There definately an orange theme there!! :lol:

I don't have any cravings at all! I'm actually really struggling with food at the mo, feel sick ALL the bleeding time! :roll: I don't fancy anything and have to really force myself to eat, I used to love food before! Gutted! I hope it passes soon!!!

It's funny reading what other have had cravings for.
I went through stages of what I did and didn't fancy. For a while it was chocolate fudge cake and on a couple of occasions had to go and make one at about 8.30 in the evening or hubby had to go to the shop!
Really went off Tomato soup, kept making me vom.
I also ate alot of ice-cream to begin with. During my 2nd tri. my eating went back to normal but now I crave Ovaltine!! very strange.

Nicki.x

not had many cravings except cherry coke and occasional apple juice cravings and grapes and cheese :D
this last 2 weeks have had awful cravings for salt and vinegar crisps which im not a fan of crisps normally only maybe ready salted or cheese and onion never liked salt and vinegar now am eating loads of them and my mouth is getting sore :( xxxxx

wow cherry coke - rach!!! didn't know they still made that stuff... never got used to the taste... do you ever remember crocodile flavoured crisps? was it croc? or have i been having funny dreams again....

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back