Cranial osteopathy

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by IheartDex, Jun 19, 2016.

1. IheartDex

IheartDex Well-Known Member

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of cranial osteopathy for a newborn (5 week old)?

Kitty is a grump. She won't be put down and spends her time feeding, sleeping or screaming. All relatively normal, I know, I'm not expecting her to sleep independently just yet!! But she's very very windy and tense with a hard, seemingly uncomfortable belly and is showing signs of colic - there's been about 4 days in the last week or so that she's screamed non stop from 6pm til around 11pm.

She's breastfed (with the occasional top up) and was born via c section.

Considering enquiring about cranial osteopathy but would like some feedback from people who have tried it please!

2. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Sorry I cant help with your question. Have you considered a cows milk intolerance? I ended up stopping dairy in my diet and it made a big difference. Have you noticed her being any worse after top ups?

3. IheartDex

IheartDex Well-Known Member

I don't drink that much but I could stop it and see. And yes her top ups are usually in the afternoon/evenings when she's worse. I just don't think she gets enough off me every single time. Food for thought Bunny, thank you xxx

4. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

It could be totally unrelated but worth being aware of. For more information google CMPI.

#4 BunnyN, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

I worked in an osteopaths for a while and would 100% recommend it. Every baby I saw go in came out relaxed and fast asleep xxx

6. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I go and see an osteopath and our next appointment will be me and baby visiting, he said he really recommends it, my sister in law also had a very uncomfortable colicy baby and swears by it because after she took her she was a different baby. I say go for it :D x

7. *glow*

*glow* Well-Known Member

Hi - I had this for my third and it was great

He also had digestive issues and they were completely fixed - definitely worth a try.

Good luck X