Cramping

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by JemRose, Nov 23, 2021.

1. JemRose

JemRose Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm 4+1 weeks pregnant for my second baby.

I'm experiencing horrible cramping quite often, I do remember this with my first pregnancy and seeing GP who put it down as a threatened mc (which it wasn't as those cramps are now a beautiful 3.5 year old boy). I'm trying to remind myself that I went through all this before and it's nothing to worry about, but ohhhh it hurts :(

Anyone else experienced this and how can I soothe the pain?

2. MysticKitten

MysticKitten Well-Known Member

I’ve had mild cramps with pregnancy.. but nothing painful. It really shouldn’t be as bad as period cramps... I hope everything turns out okay.

3. Sugar10

Sugar10 Well-Known Member

I’m 3 +6 today so similar and have had cramps and thought AF was coming. But nothing major like with AF. I think it’s common, and just implantation and it settling in. But obviously if anything gets worse it won’t harm to get checked. good luck :) x

4. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

I had such bad cramping with this pregnancy. Pretty sure it gets worse with each pregnancy aha.
    I still get it now and I'm 18 weeks

5. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

I had cramps worse than period cramps on and off the entire way through both my pregnancies. You’re having little practice contractions from implantation, and your uterus is expanding rapidly (pretty sure it doubles in those first couple of months).. I think some of us are just more sensitive to it than others. If you’re not bleeding, don’t stress x

MysticKitten likes this.
  6. JemRose

JemRose Well-Known Member

Thanks, no bleeding just the cramping. It's still ongoing. I'd be more worried if not had this previously, but as I had in my previous pregnancy I guess I am just more sensitive to the feeling

MysticKitten likes this.
  7. MysticKitten

MysticKitten Well-Known Member

So glad to hear this!