Cramping 5weeks post giving birth

jillybear1587

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I gave birth to our daughter 5 weeks ago and have been getting crampy pains in my stomach.

It started on sunday, i had to lay on the bed with my knees tucked in, i fell asleep and the pain had gone when i woke up.

I started getting it again late last night/ early hours this morning and now have it again, i cant put my finger on what it might be, i have taken some ibuprofen but its not taken affect like it did when i took them sunday. My mum said it could be after pains still and everything shrinking back but surely it wouldnt hurt this much?

Its really quite uncomfortable and its making me feel sick :(

anybody else experienced this and got an answer as what it could be?

xxx

No idea hun, I would go the doctors if I was you. I had after pains but they stopped after about 10 days. Hope all is ok xxx

Last edited:
it could still be afternoons but more likely to be period pains I would say, I'd go check with gp tho esp if they're quite painful, :hugs: hope u feel better soon xx

it could still be afternoons but more likely to be period pains I would say, I'd go check with gp tho esp if they're quite painful, :hugs: hope u feel better soon xx

Thanks hun. tried making an appointment with gp today and they said i had to wait until friday! What a joke. congrats on little lady, how far over did you go?you chose another name too.. beautiful name still xx

only went 5days over in the end as I developed pre-eclampsia from week 39 and they decieded to induce me as last 4days it got worse and fast, bp shot up, ankles swelled up like I was obese and the drs just frowned at my blood test results lol. We had to change her name, she just didnt suit Isabella at all! how's your lo doing? my gp takes just as long I got an appointment fri, I've had to wait since last weds! u could give your health visitor a ring if your worried, although mine just seems to send me to the gp anyway! xx

Ruby megan are both lovely names.id of had either but my friends have ruby and me and oh both have a neice each called megan lol. lo is ok been crying for the past 4 weeks not sleeping in the day properly so hv said she looked colicy so got coleif etc still no joy so went drs today told him its bad colic or reflux n said can we have infant gaviscon as tyler had colic bad and it helped him. her belly button has popped out to so i told dr i thought she had an umbilical hernia he got this nitrate stick and put it on said no not hernia then went its infected and looks bit like hernia too.. so basically i knew best anyway lol. i got seen for pains too he said everything seems fine but gave me some tablets as said my bowel is having spasms... oh the joys lol xx

wow! so not exactly an easy month for u both! I've never heard of bowel spasms, Definately wouldn't have guessed that! will te tablets they gave u cure it? I hope so, it sounds nasty! I love it when doctors get proved wrong, especially when they think they know better than mums! what are they going to do about the hernia?

:hugs: is all I can say about colic, must be pretty stressful hearing her cry and not being able to stop it! Ruby's been pretty quiet *touch wood* since she was born, I really worry now when she does cry thinking something's seriously wrong, then realising its just wind and she's woken herself up by farting, nice I know lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back