Cramp/pins and needles

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
Anyone getting this in their hands? It's not quite cramp and it's not quite pins and needles but that's the only way I can describe it. My whole hands feels like it when I first wake up, then it eases and it's just my 4th finger on each hand.

Me! I describe it more like a general numbness like you get with pins and needles. It's referred to as pregnancy related carpel tunnel syndrome caused by swelling of wrists putting pressure on blood flow to hands. It's not really treatable.... They can give an injection but prefer to avoid. Worth getting seen though as I was told by my gp it can be a sign of gestational diabetes too so I just got my bloods taken. Xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yes, carpal tunnel syndrome. I've had it now for a couple of weeks, physio can give you wrist supports to wear but I haven't bothered. Just keep exercising your hands ..... clench into fists and release, extend fingers as far back as you can and release etc xx

Yea it's more of a numbness I suppose. It eases as the day goes on, I can't say it's painful really just irritating. I've been clenching fists which has probably helped. With 3 weeks to go I don't want to make a fuss!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back