Cradle Cap

lucylou

Reaction score
Is there any reason why they get this? Charlie has a tiny bit but our friends came round the other day and said it was due to not enough baths e.t.c which I thought was a load of c***! Charlie has a bath about 3 times a week and a top and tail every day, I thought you weren't supposed to bath your baby every day????

I would say it is a load of c*** too!!

Phoebe has had Cradle Cap for about 6weeks now and HV just says to leave it to clear up on its own. Phoebe normally has a bath every other day so I doubt it's due to lack of baths.

As for how often you should bath your baby. I think it's fine to bath them every day providing you don't use loads of different products on their skin :lol:

Not sure why they get it but you are right about the bath thing it is c**p. I really wouldn't listen to your friend

Your friends couldn't be more wrong.

Cradle cap is just irritation of the baby's oil producing glands,it can't be helped.

There are lots of shampoos about but its recommended to rub a small amount of olive oil into their scalp,leave it over night and then wash it out in the morning,this will help to loosen the flakes.

Hi

Cradle cap is just irritation of the baby's oil producing glands,it can't be helped.

There are lots of shampoos about but its recommended to rub a small amount of olive oil into their scalp,leave it over night and then wash it out in the morning,this will help to loosen the flakes.

That's what my HV told me as well.

Definately nothing to do with the amount of baths!

Lucy

a spot of baby oil on the scalp before you wash there hair helps ... this is a trick i used on both my lil sister and my god-daughter .. :)

Hi

I agree that your friend is wrong. I bought olive oil from boots for Isaac when he was born because he was overdue and peeling and I've been tempted to try it on his cradle cap but havent got round to it.

I pick at his head while I feed him. Naughty I know but it feels nice!

Lou :)

Aimee has this at the mo, we bath her every other day. I put some baby oil on it before washing but she has so much hair its difficult to get to the scalp. Her hair was like an oil slick after!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back