Cows milk query

El1en

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just a couple of cows milk q's

How long is it okay for in a bottle out of the fridge? I've read a few different things online and I'm unsure. After bf for 11 months I'm so used to getting a boob out in bed the idea of getting up fills me with dread. Unfortunately my Lo still feeds atleast once a night so currently I get up at 1ish and then when my oh gets up for work at 5 he brings one through for her to drink at 530/6 when she wakes again however today he was rushing out at brought the bottle at 5 and lo didn't actually wake until after 6. When oh told me what time he brought it through I started to worry. She hasn't been sick or anything but I'd like to know for future reference.

Also anyone have any tips on how I can't knock the night bottles off? Sometimes it's twice a night and she only has 2 or 3oz a time but if I don't give it to her she will not settle. She eats so well during the day and has about 22oz in total a day- I know that's a lot for her age but I don't have an issue with cows milk and she's not a big water drinker yet. I just wish she'd sleep without needing milk

The only way you could probably do tht is by just starting to give her water when she wakes. And then when she realises she isn't getting good she may not even bother wakening. I done this with my son and when he went woke and didn't want the water I let him cry. He never squealed just fussed a bit and I only lifted him when he squealed. The first night I did this he cried/fussed for an hour then slept and next time he woke he fussed for 20 minutes. Then slept and woke a third time took water then fussed for 10 minutes.

The next night he woke once and was only for 30 minutes and the next night woke once for 20 minutes and slept a full night the following night. It was tough going I won't lie but definitely worth it.

As for the milk I put my little boy up at 7 with 9oz, it's the only bottle he takes now. Sometimes I hear him wakening and drinking the bottle again lol. So the milk sits out of the fridge for a good length of time can be possibly for 5 hours. He has never gotten sick or anything xx

If you are fortunate enough to have a child that takes powdered you could start upping the water ratio to the powder until it's just water. They say not to that but that's because of a risk of becoming underfed but that's not applicable if she's getting enough throughout the day and obviously got to an age where milk isn't the main source of food.

Thanks for the replies, I did try and switch the milk with water during the night but she had a full on meltdown. That was a month ago so I might give it another shot

No just start watering the milk down is what I meant so keep adding a tiny bit of water until there's no more milk and only water. My little one has a full meltdown switching it completely but he's hooked on ready milk since 5-6 month old! But with powdered formula or normal milk it's a bit easier to water it down. Ready milk formula goes off in the fridge quite easy too so I only ever use 200 Mls cartons but if I were to use powder I would just start with using less powder and more water until there's no powder left to add over a space of time or with cows milk just water that down as you can use the rest for other stuff and it doesn't go off in the fridge as quick as ready milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back