Cow & Gate Fruit Pots

lizylou

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I really need some advice my LO is exclusively BF and just recently has started showing signs of wanting more
We decided to try some cow and gate fruit pots we also got in some baby cereal
We tried the fruit pot and he loves it but I am unsure as he is 18 weeks old this week and dot want to be giving him the wrong things and don't know how much he should have of the fruit pots
Can anyone tell me there experience or advice on what you recommend
I know the guideline states 6 months but he is a hungry baby
Please any advice would be apreciate
Thanks x

I started my lo at around then and used to give milk and then some pureed fruit in the afternoon probs 5 to 10 teaspoons as didnt want to rush and milk is there main source xx

Fruit pots = awesome!

Alyssa was having half of one of these at 17 weeks but by 18 weeks she was determined she was having the whole pot! Just let your baby guide you, you'll know if they've had enough xx

Thank you : )
He started off with just a couple of spoon fulls more my doing than his lol he was like where you taking the food lol
He has done half a pot yesterday and the other today
He seems to really like them
We give it to him after a feed about 5pm
When is it safe to try other things? As he hasn't had his poo yet and don't want to make him struggle too : (

When do you think it's safe to give two meals a day?
I don't want to put him off my milk also

Thank you so much x

Fruit pots = awesome!

Alyssa was having half of one of these at 17 weeks but by 18 weeks she was determined she was having the whole pot! Just let your baby guide you, you'll know if they've had enough xx

My LO loves these. I just feed him them till he's not wanting anymore :) he's 21 weeks now and would easily have a full pot. There handy for when your out and about xxx

They are great, the apple and custard one is so nice I could happily eat it myself! Just introduce baby to a range of fruits/veg/anything which states its suitable for 4 months+ x

Be wary of the 'suitable from 4months tag' as that's just a legal requirement. I'd try and stay clear of things containing gluten (we weaned early and that was the one thing my HV said to really watch till the 6months!). Also it's best to introduce one new food at a time - maybe for a couple of days, so the if LO has a reaction you can easily pin point what caused it. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Aww thanks
He appears to be ok with the fruit pots at the moment he currently has half a pot a day he has been having them
For the last 5 days now and no reactions have appeared
Wil keep an eye out for the labels on things
My OH picked up a jar of rice pudding and some pots of baby rice so will check them
Out firstly : ) x

I never knew there was custard ones!! We have just used plain fruit ones. I am wary about doing too much before he's 6 months xxx

Since weaning and cuttun out milk my lo has jumped off the centile chart lol x

Be wary of the 'suitable from 4months tag' as that's just a legal requirement. I'd try and stay clear of things containing gluten (we weaned early and that was the one thing my HV said to really watch till the 6months!). Also it's best to introduce one new food at a time - maybe for a couple of days, so the if LO has a reaction you can easily pin point what caused it. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Oh dear I've studied the ingredients of the 4 month+ foods and it seems you're right! Small amounts of gluten/meat etc! I feel really bad now, although he is 5 and a half months so I hope I haven't done any damage : - ( x

Spoke with my HV today and she told me to not over do the fruit pots as try can make Lo have tummy ache
Told me to pick up some veg jars
Did that.... He hated them! Heaved and gagged and everythin spat it out : (
He tried sweet potato and parsnip and potato hated both
What do I do now? X

Have you tried the sweeter veg? Carrot and squash etc seem to go down better as first tastes, some veg like broccoli and potato can have more of a strong taste and texture which can be hard for then to get used to. You can always try them again in a few weeks if he doesn't respond positively x

I made my own veg puree and she likes them. I made sweet potato and parsnip, butternut squash and pear, potato and broccoli, and carrot and leek. Got freezer pots at poundland and they keep for month. Need to make some more! My recipes are somewhere, I'll try bump them xx

That's fab thank you so much
Will try and do my own x

Ella's kitchen pouches have went down a treat in my house. But there too expensive. I am going the shopping on Friday and will have a cooking day on Saturday. Make my own purée and put them in the freezer.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back