COVID Vaccine

QuackQuack

Reaction score
The COVID vaccine is becoming available in my area.

Although pregnant women weren’t included in the test groups, I have read numerous articles stating that the vaccine is probably safe and most likely won’t have any negative effects on the pregnancy.

What do y’all think about all of this? Do you plan to get the vaccine when it becomes available?

I plan to get it as soon as I give birth, but I wouldn’t get it while pregnant, as desperate as I am to be on the other side of this sh*t show!

congratulations!

I agree going to wait till after I have the baby as not worth the risk but can’t wait to have it as been nasty virus xxx

Sadly if breastfeeding they still advise against it at the moment...
the total committee of OBG and nursing have asked to push research for pregnancy and BF.
but so far long story short. No vaccine for pregnancy or BF mums...
they advise to refuse if planning to get a baby within 3 months too. So sad !

I’ve seen in the news this morning the Oxford vaccine can be given to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers on an individual case by case basis if the benefits outweigh the risks

I’m breastfeeding a toddler at the moment and might plan another pregnancy soon, personally I’ll not be getting it while I’m breastfeeding or pregnant, yes it probably is safe but there will not have been any long term large scale monitoring of pregnant or breastfeeding women done so as far as I’m concerned there’s just not enough evidence that it is definitely safe

The COVID vaccine is becoming available in my area.

Although pregnant women weren’t included in the test groups, I have read numerous articles stating that the vaccine is probably safe and most likely won’t have any negative effects on the pregnancy.

What do y’all think about all of this? Do you plan to get the vaccine when it becomes available?
I had an email through work (NHS) today offering me the covid vaccine. It did say if pregnant, or plan to be in next 3 months,or are breastfeeding then they are unable to offer vaccine at this time

My manger messaged me today (work on a mental health ward) saying she's sorting it for staff and that I should sill be offered it despite being pregnant and being on leave.

I have asthma, I'm not in the extremely vulnerable groups, but I do have an underlying health condition so I will be getting it if I can. Anything like a flu/cold absolutely destroys me.

They've changed their advice on it now too.

I’m on the extremely vulnerable list and I’m 17weeks tomorrow. I’ll be having the vaccine as soon as I’m offered it because for me, the benefits outweigh the possible negatives. I know that if I was to get COVID, it would very likely kill me thanks to my terrible lungs and that is just not something I’m willing to risk!

Yes it makes a lot of sense to get it if you’re in the at-risk group! If I were, I’d get it too, even during pregnancy.

Definitely not getting it while pregnant. I know about 10 people that have gotten it so far. ALL of them have had fevers of 101.00 or higher, my mother in law was sick for a week with a 104.00 fever. I already feel awful as pregnancy is not treating me well. I don’t want to make myself sick and I can wait 3 months until delivery for the vaccine. Just being as careful as possible!

Definitely not getting it while pregnant. I know about 10 people that have gotten it so far. ALL of them have had fevers of 101.00 or higher, my mother in law was sick for a week with a 104.00 fever. I already feel awful as pregnancy is not treating me well. I don’t want to make myself sick and I can wait 3 months until delivery for the vaccine. Just being as careful as possible!

Wow that’s interesting, a high fever in trimester 1 can be harmful to the fetus, that’s not to say it will cause harm but they advise you not to raise your body temp during tri 1 so no saunas, hot tubs etc, so maybe pregnant women should wait till tri 2 in case it causes a high fever? Just a thought, it’s confusing times isn’t it, hard to know what the right answer is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back