Councelling?

miss_soldier

Reaction score
Anyone tried it after their losses? Back in may when I was hospital to be induced they gave me all these leaflets about Simba, can't remember what it stands for but basically support for losses & miscarriages. I never thought I would use it but was texting my friend this morn and she was asking how I was and I was explaining that I just think about everything that's happen near enough every minute of every day! And how I want to be pregnant again but were not ttc. And I keep having the same dream of going to my 12 week scan. I think it's because that was such a joyful day whereas our 20 week scan was when we got our devastating news. So my friend is suggesting councelling. Just wanted everyone's thoughts and opinions? Thanks x

My miscarriage happened at the start of the year and I've never fully got over it an also considering counselling. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving it a go, sometimes talking to someone who you know is not going to say the wrong thing and who doesn't have any personal connections to you can help in a huge way xx

I wish a lot that I had - I didn't but I really should have. I know people who have gone for this reason and I think it's a massive help. I struggled a lot and thought I would be ok in time. I'm feeling better about it now but because I didn't deal with things, it comes back to bite me on the bum sometimes, for example, if I have a drink I tell people. Obviously I'm still holding it in. I may still go, actually! Hope you're doing ok xxxxxx

Thanks girlies will defo have a think about it but had a wee look at that simba thing and there's no support groups in glasgow so maybe look at other groups. Hope you both are keeping well xxx

I got counselling after my 4th mc and wished i'd done it sooner. I got mine through work, but the miscarriage association website is quite helpful.
Your situation was so traumatic, I wouldn't think twice about it hun. x

I'm quite a shy person though when it comes to new people. I have sent a message on Facebook to the simba group to see if they have anything in glasgow so they said they would get back to me xx

After my miscarriage last year I had really bad post traumatic stress, depression and anxiety and I actually requested counselling. I had an initial appointment with a behaviour therapist over my anxiety issues and he said he would refer me for straight forward counselling as I had to deal with a lot that year (loss plus many other issues) he felt I would benefit. He actually had a really good analogy he said to think of the mind as a filing cabinet and that it files different events, memories etc into different drawers and sometimes something happens that makes the filing cabinet explode and all the files get jumbled up all over the floor and we just need someone to help us file them all back in the right place.

I would say go for it hun, just that one session really helped me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back