Could You Be A Surrogate??

Foxxi

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place..mods please move if it is.

I couldnt but think the ladies that do are angels

i really dont think i could....especially not before i have children with my oh.....
personally i think i would find it hard to give the baby away after the birth....i would have the baby in me for 9 months, have felt everything so would get too attatched i think

Nah it can stay here :)

I'm not sure I could, I would love to be able to though.
I'd get too attached to the baby. :?

No i i couldnt do it
especialy being pregnant now and feeling my Son grow inside of me and the pure joy i feel and the love i have for my Collier.
My body is for me and James to make love and make our own babies.
Id never be able to go through 9 months of pregnancy then give the child up.

mary70 said:
I couldnt but think the ladies that do are angels

Same here, not something I could do personally but anyone who can has my utmost respect and admiration.

I'll sound callous but it wouldn't be the baby and attachment thing that would bother me.. Its the whole pregnancy thing... I have serious doubts about whether I could do "this" again for myself let alone someone else... the past few weeks have been really unpleasant... :cry: and OH SO BORING!

i always said i would do it for my sister as her and o/h both have fertility problems so said if it got to that stage where it was her only option left i would do it for her but after losing jamie and now being high risk for another stillbirth its not an option anymore :( xxxxxxxxx

I'd like to say I could do it... but I think I'd have too much of an attachment to the baby.

See.. I thought pregnancy was alright but I know I couldn't deal with another baby to look after. I think if I knew I would be able to see the baby quite often, and I knew the couple really well (like family), then I think I probably could. If any of my family asked me, I would seriously think about it and as long as it had no detrimental effect on my relationship with OH or Ryan, and was unlikely to cause me any health or financial problems, then I don't see why not.

I agree with leckershell - but probably only if it was the fertilized embryo, not my own egg.

elaine22 said:
I agree with leckershell - but probably only if it was the fertilized embryo, not my own egg.

I could quite happily give up my own egg... even carry a baby that is half genetically "mine"... and give it up at the end to a couple. I think its where I was brought up with siblings that are of no direct blood relation to me, yet are loved equally in our household... and I know that being genetically related to someone is no measure of love. Also I have trouble attaching myself to my unborn children... I need to see them and be with them for a while before I can start bonding.... So if I had a baby, I would just hand it over straight away.

I could do the egg donation thing no problem... but I just don't think I could stand being pregnant again. Unless maybe I was paid a great deal of money... which then denies the beauty of surrogacy. :cry:

if one of my sisters couldn't have children, then yes, i would and i wouldn't think about it.

and i have awful pregnancies (hyperemesis), but to give the gift of life is an amazing thing.

i wouldn't be able to surrogate for someone that are not family. friends may come and go, but you stick with your family.

I could do it but using someone elses egg, I couldn't do it knowing that half the baby was part of me.

I don't think I would have a problem giving it up at birth if I was using someone elses egg because I've just carried the baby for them and it's not part of me. If that makes sense?

i cudnt do it... im starting to ask myself y am i doing it now lool but theres a reason and i get a lil bundel of joy at the end i cudnt do it if i had nothhing to look forward to at the end :shakehead:

i sound well selfish and up my own bum!! :rotfl:

but no i cudnt cope with it i dont think... and deffinatley not my own egg noway i wud have to keep the baby at the end 8)

I have said yes because if my sister couldnt carry then i would not hesitate to carry for her. She intends on having children at some point in her life and if that was not possible i would like to help if i could.

Even tho i am not really enjoying this pregnancy as my mobility isnt great with SPD and i am constantly uncomfortable i would do it all again if she had any trouble.

I know it would be hard to carry all that time and hand over the baby in the end, but in that circumstance i would.

yes - possibly - for my sister. I would prefer it to be her egg not mine, and I'd worry how involved I would get afterwards. All of my other sisters have children, but my sister who is disabled - whilst able to get pregnant, would struggle to carry a baby due to the fact that she can't walk unaided anyway, has problems with her hips and knees and severe bladder problems (constant infections due to position)

I couldn't do it for a stranger - and I'm glad there are both men and women out there that will do this sort of thing - obviously :wink:

no. my sister cant, and i couldnt. for reasons much deeper then id ever go into on here.

For somebody really special to me I could, I did find preganancy hard at times but it would be woth it if it meant I could change the life of a loved one. Also only if it wasnt going to be genetically related to me and like Michelle said, if I could see them growing up at a distance.

i think i could do it for anyone if asked but would especially do it for a close friend/relative. i love being pregnant and i also enjoy giving birth so that bit doesnt phase me really but i think i would find it easier to hand over a child that is not genetically mine but then again from the off i would know that the baby is not mine so i dont think a strong bond would be developed not like if you are pregnant with a child you know is going to be yours. (if that makes sense!)

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back