Could this be a false negative?

TwilightFox

Reaction score
Little back story, the last few months have been a bit hectic as I left my job to care full time for my parents with dementia so I really wasn't paying much attention to myself. I just checked my phone today and saw that I was 21 days late for my period.

Then it hit me, I have been peeing like crazy, feeling very bloated and gassy. Have had mild cramps and weird sensations in my nether regions and have been so tired that I nap at every opportunity I get for the last month or so. So I began to wonder if I could be pregnant. The thing is I haven't been intimate since the beginning of April and had what I thought was my period approx two weeks after, but am wondering if that could have been implantation bleeding, so if I were pregnant I would have to be about 9 or 10 weeks.

So I went out and got a couple of pregnancy tests. I just did the first one at approx 4pm and it came out negative. Is there any chance it could be a false negative because my pee was diluted? I would have thought that it wouldn't matter if the pregnancy was that far along, I hoped there would be more then enough HCG at this point.

I know I'm probably just wishful thinking and all the above symptoms are probably just from the stress of my whole routine being changed but I can't help but hope.

I'll do the other test with my first morning pee tomorrow, but that seems like an age away.

Last edited:
Which tests are you using? I've been told that sometimes your hcg levels get too high for the test to read... if it's negative in the morning I would see your GP xx

Last edited:
After a certain amount of weeks your hcg gets to high for the rest to read. I'd book in with ur doc xx

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks PeanutButter,

I used ASDA cheapies, I didn't think it would matter too much as I would have been so far along. Plus my friend swears by them.

Last edited:
Thanks EmmaLilly22,

I can only hope this is the case. I will make an appointment with the doc first thing tomorrow after I take the other test.

Even if I'm not pregnant I think I need some help with my energy levels!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back