Could the morning after pill have failed?

Woody53

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post only because I feel completely in limbo.

I came off the POP pill back in February as DR said my Oestrogen levels were low and progesterone levels were high causing an imbalance. My partner and I have talked about starting a family but have said maybe in a couple of years I'm 28 he's 29.

Last week we had unprocted sex as we've been using the pull out method and we both got caught out! He instantly said 'you'll need to get a pill won't you?' Which I did but I wasn't able to get one until 20 hours later I also realised that by my cycle app I was either ovulating or the day before ovulation when we had sex which means I may have already ovulated when I took the pill.

It sounds awful but I really regret taking it and I'm wishing everyday that it hasn't worked! I've been experiencing some symptoms but that could be MAP symptoms?

Now I'm frantically waiting for AF date so I can possibly do a HPT!

Has anyone else ever been in this position? :(

Hi I've had the morning after pill before! It gave me funny symptoms for a while because it's such a high dose of hormone! It also made my period a little irregular for a month or 2 but then all settled down.

The longer you leave it after sex before taking it then the less likely it is to work, but it's within 24 hours so I'd assume it's still quite likely to work. I left it a similar amount of time after sex before I managed to get the map, and I didn't end up pregnant!

Wait til your period and do a test - but be prepared for your period to be early/late! Unfortunately the side effects of the map adds to your worries! I'd still take a test around your expected period date or a few days after just to be sure! I did anyways!

Oh bless you :( I've been in a very similar situation - I wanted another baby, other half wasn't ready, we had unprotected sex and we decided i'd take the morning after pill which I did begrudgingly. I did so because I didn't want to get pregnant and for him not to be happy about it. Anyway, I took the pill and like Ab I experienced some symptoms. I convinced myself it hadn't work and even tested a couple of weeks later but it was negative. Sometimes when we really want something we start imagining things.. Hope everything works out for you eventually but i'd be surprised if the pill hasn't worked with you taking it in the time frame :( xx

I've read that it works by delaying ovulation so if you've already ovulated then it's useless, if you google it you will find numerous stories of people it has failed. However, it has always worked for me in the past regardless of the time in cycle but it may just have been that I wouldn't have got pregnant anyway. Good luck, hope you get the answer you want x

Thanks for your reassurance guys! It's probably my mind playing tricks on me because I want it so badly I guess I didn't realise how much until I realised I could be and may have stopped my chance...my partner and I do talk about it all the time but there's other things he wants first seeing as we only bought our house last year!

I took the MAP on Thursday I would have thought symptoms would have subsided by now? I've been getting this pain this evening below my belly button and I've convinced myself it's implantation cramps as I've never felt this before...why do our bodies do it to us hey?

Not due on Until the 25th so still have a long way to wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back