Could someone please explain ovulation?

Charlotte9

Reaction score
I know there are thousands of threads about this. I still haven't found the answer.

I will keep it simple and short.

Mid cycle I notice 3 signs that ovulation is about to happen:

Watery cm
Ewcm
Dull pain on side

When does ovulation occur? Once I notice ewcm? Or during pain on side?

Slippery cm lasts for couple of days and then dries up. I know that best chances are to dtd before ovulation so that little swimmers are there waiting for an egg.

Well hope someone can help me with this question. x:)

Last edited:
It's different for everyone unfortunately so hard to pinpoint exactly for everyone unless you use ovulation kits.

Ovulation usually happens 12-14 days before the start of your next period, so if you have a regular cycle you should be able to work it out. I usually get EWCM in the run up to ovulation, maybe 3 days before. I get the pains the day I get a positive ovulation test. After a positive test the egg is usually released 12-36 hours later.

Most studies say the best time to get pregnant is having sex in the run up to ovulation but then others say the day of and the day after. So do both to cover yourself ;) Hope this helps xx

Well this cycle I used opks, I had ewcm on cd10, but didn't have positive opk until cd12, so ovulation would be a day or so after, I don't get ov pains though so cannot pin point it. BBT is the best way to see if you're ovulating �� x

Mrss15 thank you for info.
Lilith

I was tracking basal temperature for a month. You can't predict when ovulation is going to happen. So I found out that it was cd15. A lot later than I thought. I'm not sure if I want to use the thermometer again. I guess the best is once I see slippery cm it's the start!

I found out that little swimmers could potentially live inside my body for 3 days at least.

But only if environment is alkaline and not acidic. So I'm changing my diet and will eat only alkaline food. Just to add alkaline food also changes cm from acidic to sperm friendly.

Investing in a juice maker as well x

Yes you can only see the day of ovulation with BBT, I did it 14 years ago when I conceived my son, you get a slight drop then steep rise in temp at time of ovulation. I can't do it now as suffer with chronic insomnia, 2 hour sleep last night grrrrrr. Hey thats really interesting about the alkaline diet, what foods does it include ?, I best google it lol x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back