Could it be the beginning of labour?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

I have been having period pains like for at least an hour now but it is constant. Not painful but uncomfy like I am going to have my period. I had a cuddle with OH a few hours ago (sorry TMI), could it just be a reaction to it or could it be the beginning of labour?

I wish it is answer number 2, am going to eat the whole pineapple tonight just in case :wink:

Nathalie

i had constant period pain in the early hours of labour with braydon

Oh Sarah that would be great if it could be the case!!! Baby for christmas, what a present!!!

They are getting stronger though but I had it once a couple of weeks ago, it lasted for a couple of hours and then it stopped.
I just wish it could be it this time!!!!! No contractions though and I never had any BH so do not really know....

I do not want to get too excited because it is disappointing when nothing happens.

just see wot happens if they are getting strounger tho it sounds like u may have a lil one very soon

mine started of by feeling like a period pain then gradually got worse then started coming in a pattern instead of constantly

Thanks Sarah, I do not want to raise my hopes too high though...

Well, time will tell, it would be too good to be true though!!!!

Pray for me to be tonight :)

Speak soon

I had 'cuddles' this morning aswell :oops: And had a constant ache afterwards for hours, but now it seems to be wearing off a bit. God Dammit!!!

Hopefully it's better news for you. I ate a whole pineapple yesterday, rubbed clary sage into my belly and feet (and put it in the bath), drank 4 cups of raspberry leaf tea and did the deed. I know she'll come out when she's ready, but it was worth a try.

I've got a whole pineapple downstairs for later, and I had curry for lunch....

I read on the net that the prost-whatever in semen is 10 times more effective through the gut than through the vagina. However I draw the line at that at the moment!!

rosieroo said:
I read on the net that the prost-whatever in semen is 10 times more effective through the gut than through the vagina. However I draw the line at that at the moment!!

That is soooooooo funny!!!! lmao!! dont blame you!!

On my due date i had sex in the afternoon and went into labour the same evening!!

lol Rosie!!!

Well it took me some convincing before saying yes to my man today for the normal thing so anything else, no thanks :) lol

Oh I guess it will wear off then, I am just impatient i think although I am due for wednesday (think my ticker is 1 day early!) My back is killing too but i did some cleaning yesterday and that did the damage.

I might have to catch the bus to go to hospital for my appointment on tuesday, do u think that could help, it takes me 2 hours one way to go!!!

hopefully my OH's mum can take me!!!

I've just arrived to my own home - 2 hours from Cape Town - to drop the kids off for the week. All the way driving, I had horrendous period like pains and some tightenings!!! Now panicking like mad that baby is on the way, as I'm only driving back to CT tomorrow!
Head is deffinitely bearing down and aches coming and going. I can see after all the fuss, this baby is planning for me to have a home birth and have the umbilical cord cut with garden scissors!!!!
Will just lie still for the rest of the evening and get everyone to be at my service!!!!!!
Emilia xx

Can you imagine Emilia if we were having our babies at the same time but at each end of the world? that would be funny lol

ohhh that would be good i hope u both are - it would be great to have 4 new mummys at least before xmas

Hey everyone,

Hope all is good. Never paint your nails when no one is at home cause you never know when you'll need the loo again, my lesson learned just sitting waiting now lol

ANyways I am only 28 weeks today and have been getting really bad back ache and tummy period like pains past. I also spend more time having braxton hicks than not. Not sure whether to make appointment for docs for tomorrow morning or wait as I have my 28 weeks check up at the hospital on tuesday morning.

Anyone noticed how hard it is making decisions nowadays! lol

Vicki

hi Futuremummy.....
LOL... :D :shock: It would be VERY strange for the 2 of us to labour at the same time!! I think I should really send you my mobile number and we could txt each other during contractions!!
I'm treading VERY carefully tonight - I can't help but think something is cooking. Met someone today that thought that baby was going to come on the 21st. That would suit me just brilliantly........
Well - off to have a well deserved bath!!!!!!!
Thinking of everyone at this time. Remember, we can enjoy the forum now, but in a couple of weeks time, we won't have the time to nosey into the forum so often. Our days are counted and we really should enjoy it (can't really say that with a straight face)!!!!
Emilia xx :wink:

Good luck tonight FM and Emilia!

Off to get DH to rub some more clary sage into my belly, eat some pineapple, drink another cup of RL tea and watch a funny film. Don't think I can bring myself to do anything very intimate tonight, am feeling far too tired down there!

Well I have just spent more than 2 hours on the phone with my MIL and my mum and the pains are still here, constant but not as strong, i actually wondered now if it is not baby lying on a new position that i do not like :shock: Could it be possible? It is between period pain and strecthing/pulling feelings.....

My cousin who was due after me had hers on the 15th, only me left now !!!!!! I wish he could come tonight !!!!

Good luck to all of you too!!!!

Futuremum- is the pain like constant period pain? that is always aching or is it going and coming?
I have really uncomfortable period pain today and alot of pushing down, back ache is on and off, but baby is lay back to back so i am confused as to whether i am supposed to get all the pain in my back or whether it varies when i go into labour....... I have been umcomfortable for the last couple of days but today has been the worst.

I still have just under 4 weeks left but i have had a water infetion for 2 weeks and still have but they can't give me anything else as i have had 2 lots of tablets, and i am just a little bothered that it has started something off. :D

It was constant pain but it has calmed down a lot now so hopes are low :(

Still there from time to time but less strong, oh well!!!!

I think baby wants to play up and OH has been extremely stressful for a few hours, he is panicking and is giving me a hard time instead of making me feel good.

oh bless, Men can't cope with the strain and worry!!! They get all highrate!

Hope things start up for you soon hun, There is nothing more annoying than stop starting.

I just ache really bad, stomach and back, baby is really pushing down at the mo.
:( :(

Have you had a show yet?

Hello!!!!

Well as I guessed, it was a false alarm :evil: :evil:

Hopefully Emilia, you were more lucky than me!!!!

Have my hospital appointment tomorrow, am a bit worried because baby has not moved much today but hopefully he will start kicking once I am relaxing, have been doing my Christmas shopping all day!!!!!

They say it's good sign, baby is supposed to settle down once labour is due to start.

I have been in agony all day with really bad period pain and lower back ache, it has got worse as the day as gone on. My stomach is not really tightening with it but the periody type cramps gets worse then fade but i have a constant ache at the same time.

I was induced with Amy so i don't know what it feels like to go into natural labour. Csan anyone shed some light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back