Could it be Implantation bleeding?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Anneka87, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Anneka87

Anneka87 New Member

I am new to these sites and to getting pregnant, so please excuse any wrong wording or whatever...

My partner and I started trying to conceive around 5 months ago. I've never had any hints that I could be pregnant in the whole time, until now. It is 7 days before my period is due, but Yesterday I had a small amount of pink blood when I went to the bathroom, then later a couple of streaks of brown. Then nothing for hours. Then the process repeated early this morning, only there was less of the brown. I've once again just had some pinkish blood and what I can only describe as a single tiny blood clot. I don't see any discharge mixed in, so part of me says it surely can't be the implantation bleeding I am hoping for, but at the same time I have never had any of this happen in my life and I am kinda driving myself mad thinking about it, so I thought I would try to get some opinions from people who have experienced pregnancy/implantation bleeding to try and sooth me. Thanks guys.

2. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome, I had an IB at 8dpo (about 7 days before AF was due) which sounds similar to you. It was a bit of brown spotting and slight cramping. Unfortunately it's too early to test but fingers crossed for you! x

3. Piglet's Mama

Piglet's Mama Well-Known Member

I had this i my last cycle. This really odd pinky/browny discharge that I'd never had before.
    Unfortunately it did turn into my AF a few days later but all the signs said IB.
    Hoping it is IB for you x

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I had IB at 6dpo, tested 9dpo and got my bfp.

Cramps were like af more stabby in nature then they were a dull ache and I had one single drop of brown blood.

Good luck.

xxxx

5. luratraloora

luratraloora Well-Known Member

I had this when I fell pregnant with my DD, I had spotting about 10 DPO which was pink ish when I wiped and mild cramping. I had it on and off for about 2 days. I thought AF was coming but it never showed and the spotting stopped and 3 days later I got my :bfp:

6. Shazza86

Shazza86 Member

I had a similar thing that happened to me two months ago. I had all the pregnancy symptoms during my 2WW, and I had spotting - mostly brown, and I had never had that before in my life! Safe to say I was excited by this and was nearly certain I was pregnant. However, a couple of days later, the day my period was due I did a pregnancy test and came negative... an hour later AF arrived :(.

Saying that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I think the spotting may have been my uterus just shedding any lining that was left over from my period.

Why do our bodies play tricks on us?! Hopefully yours is implantation bleeding, because the symptoms are exactly the same.

Baby dust to you all xxx