Could I have been further along than I thought?

Tillie7377

Reaction score
Okay so last year in June I had a period on the 15th until the 21st. I had sex like June 25th/June26th with my ex. In July I got what I believe to be my period which was July 13th but my period only lasted about 6 days instead of the usual 7 and I am not sure if it was a light period or a heavy period. I had sex July 28th with my current boyfriend and once August 10th (my next scheduled period) came my period didn't come so I took a test about 2/3 days later which came out positive. I went to the doctors and found out that I was pregnant, I was then given a due date of April 18th, 2016. I got an ultrasound at about 11 weeks and 3 days and then another at 12 weeks they said my due date was still April 18th, 2016. I had my baby April 10th, 2016. Could the father of my child be my ex or is it my current boyfriend? Could I have been further all along and didn't know? Could I have experienced breakthrough bleeding? What are the odds I could have been pregnant since June and didn't know?

Very slim as that is what dating scans are for at around the 12 week mark - they measure your baby to determine gestational age and due date. Therefore if the outcome of that was the 18th April and you delivered on the 10th, it seems highly likely that they were correct about your dates and you conceived in July. Also, the baby would have been very late had you conceived in June and i'd have expected you to have had some comments on the state of the placenta etc. Do you remember? My daughter was 2 weeks late and the midwife commented on how knackered the placenta looked. If you really aren't sure though and it's causing you problems in your relationship the only was to be positive is with a dna test i'm afraid. Good luck..

Very slim as that is what dating scans are for at around the 12 week mark - they measure your baby to determine gestational age and due date. Therefore if the outcome of that was the 18th April and you delivered on the 10th, it seems highly likely that they were correct about your dates and you conceived in July. Also, the baby would have been very late had you conceived in June and i'd have expected you to have had some comments on the state of the placenta etc. Do you remember? My daughter was 2 weeks late and the midwife commented on how knackered the placenta looked. If you really aren't sure though and it's causing you problems in your relationship the only was to be positive is with a dna test i'm afraid. Good luck..
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I do not believe that the doctors said anything about my placenta. I actually have a picture of my placenta though, do you remember what your placenta that the doctors commented on looked liked? Do you know what an overdue placenta would look like?

To be honest sweet that was just a side note.. I didn't get a good look at it but my mw said it looked very shrivelled and dry (not healthy and red). I'd say that going by your dates alone the baby is almost definitely your current boyfriends' child.. Anyone else agree? xx

I would agree, there would of been a distinct difference between your ultrasound scans if you were further on than you thought, and the ultrasound scans are pretty accurate on their dates and that's from my experience as I work in an X-ray department. you would probably also have had some issues if you were that overdue. I would say your current partner is the father and agree that if you really are not sure then you should get a DNA test x

Maybe your baby just decided to arrive early? I was given a due date of the 25th and baby arrived on the 6th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back