Could I be pregnant ?

Nikjay

Reaction score
Hi all, new here need some advice to put my mind at ease until I can see my dr. Had a faint positive line on cheapie test yesterday with morning wee, and a negative today on a tesco own brand test. I haven't had sex on my current cycle I am due on 10/05/16 my lmp was on 16/04/16 I had sex on the 9/04/16 and again on the 14/04/16. So I started my period 2 days after the last time a had sex. And I got a faint positive line yesterday, I have been having some symptoms, extremely tired etc just didn't think this was possible as I have bled since last time i had sex. I'm so confused. I will be ringing my dr first thing in the morning to get in for hcg bloods this is making me extremely anxious as I had a late TOP for medical reasons in March last year so I'm feeling pretty scared and don't wanna get my hopes up when it doesn't seem possible. Thanks for any reply.

I am sorry to hear about the late TOP, is its natural to worry this time round but try not to let it stress you out too much.

There are a few options, not all ICs are a true reflection so it could have been a false positive, I know some ladies on here had 5 positives and they were all incorrect. The Tesco one might not be sensitive enough to pick it up as a positive, do you have any FRER tests to use at all?

Fingers crossed the bloods give you some answers and you get the result thats best for you x

Thanks, yeah I'm aware it could be false positive. And yeah I'm going to buy a FRER in the morning with it being bank holiday today I'm not sure where will be open. Thing is I'm not TTC I mean it would be amazing if I was Its just scary as this is the first 'scare' since the Late TOP last year. Is it possible to of conceived although I had a bleed though? I can't seem to get my head around it I didn't think it was possible.

Some ladies have full periods right through their pregnancies so I wouldnt rule it out it might still be possible. Not sure where you live but Tesco is open until 6pm I think today but not sure if they sell FRER or if the CB ones would be as sensitive

It is possible to bleed and be pregnant. My midwife said apparently it's very common for ladies to be a month further along in pregnancy than they think, because the body isn't used to having an occupant in there...so it continues its normal routine of a bleed when period is due, and even after then like Sparklegirl said you can continue to have bleeds throughout pregnancy :) it's also possible it could have been an implantation bleed. Good luck at the drs and hope you get the result you want...definitely try a frer :) xx

Wil do a FRER in the morning and keep you posted, thanks so much.

It is very unusual to get a true false positive. Evaps that show after the time limmit are more common. Sometimes women think they had a false positive when they were actually pregnant but lost it very. Cracking a FRER open before it dries can cause a pink line too.

If you followed the instructions and got a visible pink line within the time limmit I would call it a BFP. It is possible the test you tried today just wasnt as sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back