Could I be pregnant without knowing it?!

sarahlou5

Reaction score
Sorry if this is asked all the time, but I could do with some knowledgeable advice. I'm not actively trying for a baby, but my partner and I would be absolutely fine if that were the case.

Basically, I've been on the pill Marvelon for 3 months. The last time I had sex was November 15th. According to my dates, I would ovulated around this time and I would be roughly 10 weeks pregnant as of now. I missed around 5-6 pills in the few weeks before that. My last period before that was 1st November, and I got my regular withdrawal bleed on the 7th December, and again on the 31st December. These periods were lighter than usual, but not different enough to make me think "oh, that's weird" until now! I've noticed in the past 2 weeks or so that I've been peeing like MAD. It's literally every hour, on the hour. I'm knackered all the time! Even when I get 8-9 hours sleep, I'll be at my desk at work struggling to keep my eyes open! I've been having strange abdominal cramps more often and been feeling nauseous at work, especially before lunchtime.

From what I've read online, if I were to fall pregnant on the pill, I would still miss the withdrawal bleed. So based on that, I'm not pregnant because I have had my withdrawal bleeds.. It just seems strange that these crazy symptoms are cropping up out of nowhere!

I know the obvious thing is to take a test, but I don't have money until the end of the month and I work Mon-Fri, so can't see the doctor right now. Can anyone help? Anyone been in a similar situation, or just knows anything about the pill/pregnancy? Thanks!

Given the length of time since missing the pills, it is possible.

By now i'd pretty much say that it'd show up an a test. Ur symptms sound very much like it!!

I'd defo test hun!

xxx

Given the length of time since missing the pills, it is possible.

By now i'd pretty much say that it'd show up an a test. Ur symptms sound very much like it!!

I'd defo test hun!

xxx

Thanks for the reply. I'm just confused because surely if I were pregnant, I wouldn't still be getting withdrawal bleeds? I've stopped taking my pills just in case.

People can still have little bleeds when pregnant.

Are they quite light, or heavy and bright red?

xxx

People can still have little bleeds when pregnant.

Are they quite light, or heavy and bright red?

xxx

Can't really remember what December's was like, but January's was more pink than red, like light pink. And (sorry if tmi!) it only really lasted 2-3 days, then it was just a wee bit when I wiped. Might just get my partner to get a test, don't fancy waiting til the end of the month to see!

Hi Sarahlou,

It happened a friend of mine...she was taking the pill, and didnt notice any symtpoms or anything unusual, until she noticed a weird 'lump' and uncomfortable feeling in her stomach. She thought she had IBS and even went to her GP who diagnosed IBS and gave her medication for it!!! Someone suggested to her could she be pregnant, and she thought there was no chance she could be, but on the off chance took a test. When she went for her scan, she was 4 months pregnant!!! So it can happen!!!

There is only on way to know and thats to do a test :D xxx

oooh good luck to you , let us know how you get on XX

himm...It's possible to get pregnant if you missed the pills. Hope you can work out and do a test. Good luck!
Plus, what's your thoughts about pregnancy? Excited or worried?

Anlovey - excited! Obviously, we aren't actively trying to conceive at the moment, but we have spoken about it and both of us would be happy if I were to fall pregnant. :)

Will update when I test. Thanks girlies!

Test was negative! Not too sure what's causing all this body craziness! Thanks for the help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back