Could i be pregnant or am i just going crazy?!

summer2011

Reaction score
Hi there ladies!
Bit of a long winded story but ill cut it down to the point!

Have been on Cerazette minipill for around 12 months now. Have never had consistent periods on this pill but have been assured by GP this is perfectly normal.
However, i haven't had a period at all now for around 8 weeks. Not a quick one day bleed, nothing!
This alone wouldn't usually have phased me, however, me & my OH had intercourse last week and i noticed a bit of pure red blood after. It was only a few drops, i assumed this was my period coming on (Not great timing but hey) but have had for 2 days, and then have been having very light brown discharge every day since.
Have also had mild stomach cramps and my breasts feel more swollen and just larger in general than usual.
I dont know whether im going crazy, just wanting to be pregnant and therefore convincing myself that i am!
My GP has referred me to nurse practioner to carry out a cervix check tomorrow (monday am) to rule out any possible cysts etc, and has said to take a pregnancy test in two weeks to rule out pregnancy, although im thinking maybe i should take a test sooner?

Anybody been through anything similar or has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't read & run where possible!!! :smile:

I'd say definitely take a pregnancy test before getting a smear or cervix check, wouldn't want to go ahead with that first without ruling out pregnancy. If it's been 8 weeks then a test would tell you either way for sure xx

Hi Summer2011, are you still on Cerazette or have you stopped taking it now? Sorry, wasn't sure from your post. I stopped taking mine over 3 weeks ago and haven't had AF yet. While I was on Cerazette I bled most days (only very light but still very annoying and inconvenient!), and I thought when I finished them I would have AF within a few days. All I've had is very slight spotting on a few days but nothing else. I did a pregnancy test the other day as was wondering if I could be pregnant, but that was a BFN! Really not sure what is going on with my body but have heard the tablets can play havoc with your monthly cycle when you 1st stop taking them.
If I was you I would take a test as you never know - FX for a BFP for you xxx

Take a test. When I came off the pill i bought some preggers tests in bulk off Amazon (cheaper) so i can test as and when i need to. I came off the pill last October and my cycles have been crazy, day 47, day 34 and now day 52 with no period. I'm not pregnant. When i first come off the pill i felt constantly nauseous for about 2 weeks but that went. I have had allsorts of funny symptoms whilst coming off the pill but i have put that down to the fact that my body is now getting used to being back to how it should be. If you are ever unsure, take a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back