Cough cough cough...

EmiLou123

Reaction score
Hi :)

Over the last 24 hours my lo (4 months) has developed a bit of a cough, no other symptoms. He just coughs a few times at a time and that's it... this is the first 'thing' he has had (if it's anything?)... do I need to do anything? Sorry for the post if it seems a little pointless... I just don't know what to do...

Thanks xxxxx

tapatalking x

Jacks had a cough for weeks now! We have some of the tickly cough baby syrup stuff but its difficult getting it into him. Even though it smells gorgeous and I'm tempted to have a spoon myself. We took him to the docs when he got a cold because it turned into a horrible flemmy cough that was horrible to listen to. She gave us a asthma inhaler and one of the tube things but its not really helped. He got better and it turned into a regular cough again. I think maybe its his fluffy bunny, he chews on it and I think maybe some bits tickle his throat. My OH thinks he might be allergic to something but I can't think what. We use fairy non bio. Maybe hayfever?!
Anyway, his cough doesn't even seem to bother him in the slightest, I just give him the syrup every once in a while because after a while the cough will irritate his throat a bit xxx

Are you sure its a "real" cough? I had a cough a few months ago and LO started copying. Once she realised she could make the noise she kept doing, and I think actually made her throat sore in the process

She still does it now and again. X

Thanks for your reply! Thinking about it, he has started putting everything into his mouth (he's teething!) So maybe he has inhaled a bit of fluff? I'll keep an eye on it, obviously if it gets worse I will take him to the doc (even though every time I go I feel like I'm wasting their time) xxx

tapatalking x

Thanks for your reply! Thinking about it, he has started putting everything into his mouth (he's teething!) So maybe he has inhaled a bit of fluff? I'll keep an eye on it, obviously if it gets worse I will take him to the doc (even though every time I go I feel like I'm wasting their time) xxx

tapatalking x

I feel the same especially as jack loves the doctors it seems and smiles sweetly, doesn't cough and doesn't act at all as ill as I've made out on the phone! Xxx

Are you sure its a "real" cough? I had a cough a few months ago and LO started copying. Once she realised she could make the noise she kept doing, and I think actually made her throat sore in the process

She still does it now and again. X

Ooh that's strange!

I haven't had a cough or anything since he was born... he does it in his sleep too, like he's got a tickle in his throat xxx

tapatalking x

Jack does it mostly at night, it wakes him up but he settles straight back to sleep so I don't need to do anything. I'd take the bunny away but all hell would break loose! Xxx

Hehe naughty baby acting less poorly lol! I think the doctors must think we are hypochondriacs sometimes! Aww no, you can't take away his bunny! That would be mean. Luca has a little cotton stuffed giraffe that he carries everywhere, looking a bit grubby now but I think I would be actually heartbroken if I chucked it away haha. Maybe I'll give it a bit of a wash... xxx

tapatalking x

Awww mannn, off to the doctors this morning, he's got worse :-( xxx

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back