Cough and cold

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
Got a hacking cough, am coughing every 5 minutes and consequently have got an on/off headache!!
I know this is going to be a really silly question (but I will ask anyway) there's no harm to baby with my constant coughing is there?
I have a tendency to hold my belly, not that I'm showing, when I do cough. Am slurping honey and lemon :wall2:

I've got a horrible barking cough, which I think must be horrible for baby, it's so loud and vibrates my whole body so must be like thunder for him! My bump rises everytime I cough so it must be disturbing him physically as well. Not nice, but what can you do? xx

It's horrible isn't it?! I've just taken a paracetamol after struggling all night and getting worse. Cough has eased but I'm achy and still have a headache.
Hopefully it'll pass soon for us both X

Aww hope you feel better soon, baby can probably just feel the vibrations but I wouldn't worry x

I wouldn't worry. It's nice and protected in the amniotic sac. My sonographer asked me to cough a few times to wake my baby up for the scan!!
People still go running throughout pregnancies and I reckon that would be harder impact.
Hope you feel better soon Xx

Last edited:
That's true about running and exercise. I'm still feeling terrible, cold has come out, not sleeping and just feel weak. Having the day off work tomorrow.

I've developed a cough now!! Urghhhh :evil:
Good idea to take the day off. Hope it clears soon for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back