Couch to 5k

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by busymummy, May 26, 2013.

1. busymummy

busymummy Well-Known Member

I've decided to do the couch to 5k plan ( http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx )

Has anyone else done this before?

I have never run before in my life and never thought I would! But I know a few people who have got into running lately and the weight they have lost is amazing. They have said that it's quite addictive and it gives them such a high. I guess I want to get fit as well as loose weight.

I've ordered some running shoes and am eagerly awaiting their arrival x

2. Mrs N

Mrs N Well-Known Member

I started it before I got pregnant and loved it, hope to start it again once I have the babies!
    Xxx

3. screwey duck

screwey duck Member

I started it a few months ago but lots of things came up and I had to stop - I'm planning on starting it again very soon. I agree with your friends, it certainly is addictive with the endorphin rush you get from it :) Good luck on your journey!

4. Jolly81

Jolly81 Well-Known Member

I did this a few years ago and I'm a real couch potato!!! In 9 weeks I was running 5k just as it says on the tin!!!

My advice is to just go with the flow, you will get through it, some runs will be harder than others but it's designed so that you're constantly improving and when I did the first 20min run at the end of week 5 (I think?!) I got the hugest sense of achievement!!

Will def be doing it again once 6weeks post c section :)

Good luck!!!!