Cotbed

lucylou

Reaction score
Charlie is getting too big for his moses basket now and at 3 months is still only sleeping 7hrs and wakes up during the night really grizzly so tonight we're going to move him into his cotbed in the nursery, I'm so nervous about it as I'm so used to having him next to me and being able to hear him breath.

Did everyones little ones take well to their cot?

We keep meaning to move Alex into his cot in the nursery but keep chickening out. With his carry cot right next to me, I'm waking up at every grunt and squirm (which is quite often), so although he's sleeping through the night, I'm certainly not! His cot in the nursery is nearer to our bed than if we had the cot in our room but I still feel bad about him going to his own room before six months

With the others we did it in stages, first with the carry cot inside the cot so he can get used to the room, then in the cot with the carry cot blankets so he can get used to the mattress, then with his cots blankets. We keep saying 'we'll do it this weekend' but one or other of us chickens out :?

Tracy

hannah is 6 months on monday and is still in moses basket but i have got cot bed in our room ready for her to go into any day she is sleeeping most of the night now and i am worried that change will disturb her

Hey

Isaac grew out of his moses basket quite early so I put him in his cot bed and he loves it being able to stretch out. I do sleep on his bedroom floor though as there is no roon in our bedroom for the cot bed and I need to be near him. He sleeps right through the night but I like to be there just incase :)

Lou

We have already started putting matthew in his cot, he's quite long so looks massive in his moses basket. I have an angelcare moniter that picks up on all movement and breathing so if he stopped breathing the alarm would go off and he seems quite settled in there I tend to leave the door ajar with the landing light on though if he's still awake after a feed as he gets a bit grumpy otherwise!

Bless, Dom took to it well.

To get him used to it, we put him to sleep in his moses basket in his cot for a few days and then took the moses basket out - it seemed to work.

Just think soon when you go to bed you won't have to worry about whispering in your own room.

Good luck tonight !! :)

isnt it funny how you whisper when you go to bed! All day when they sleep the hoover can be going the telly is on and then suddenly when we go to bed its tip toeing around! The chances of them waking up would be next to nothing! Matthew seems ok in his cot and I dont rock him to sleep as I dont want him getting used to it and thinking I'll do it all the time, I think he needs to learn to get himself off to sleep and after a bit of 'muttering' he usually does.

Thats a good idea putting the moses basket int he cot for a few days first. It gets wee baby used to what he is looking up at and the smells and sights around. Our baby went into her cot fine and loved to stretch her arms up. She shuffles up into the corner of it. I used to put the previous nights nightie in the cot under her and it worked well if she was unsettled.

We did it! Charlie slept in his own room last night!

I cried loads, it felt like he was growing up too quickly and i hated seeing the empty space beside my bed, even though he was only next door I missed him, it also took me forever to get to sleep, I slept practically with my head on top of the monitor!

He only slept 6 hrs which is less then normal but he was happy and went back to sleep for another 3 and a half hours after his feed, when he woke up at 7.30pm he was talking away to himself and smiling loads, bless!

Do you think he slept less as he's getting used to his new environment?

Yes I think he probably slept less becuase of the new environment, kind of like when you go on holiday and have to get used to a new bed you never sleep as well do you? But he will get used to it and I think you are very lucky he slept 6 hours I wish Rubie would!!

Well done :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back