Cosatto isofix base

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Rubyredslipper, May 28, 2016.

1. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought one of these? We just did, went to halfords to get it fitted and it took one halfords fitter, my other half and then my dad an hour and 40 minutes to get it clicked into place. We went back to halfords to just get them to give it the once over and two fitters said it wasn't safe as it was lifting off the seat of the car far too much, by a good 8 inches!!
    Bit upset as the car seat fits into the pram frame!

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Can the seat not be fitted using your seat belt?

3. Maud

Maud Well-Known Member

Did you check it was compatible before buying?

http://www.cosatto.com/explore-our-range/buying-guides/carseats

If your car is meant to be compatible it might be that it's not being fitted properly. But isofix are meant to be easy to install so it sounds like it isn't suitable for your car.

Can you get adaptors to use a different car seat on the pushchair?

4. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Yes, we have a Passat and its on the list of compatibility. The guys at halfords couldn't understand why it was lifting so much. It was anything but easy!! Other isofix bases went in.
    We can do the seatbelt thing, it's just a bit fiddly I think. The do a non isofix base that secures in with the seatbelt so we will try that, if not then will just have to cope with the seatbelt. x