Cord stump

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi this may sound odd but what did you do with your baby's cord stump once it fell of? Did you bin it or keep it? Our babys has just fell of but I don't really want to throw it but keeping it sounds gross.

I put my two's in a small plastic ziplock bag and kept them but I have no idea where they ended up as I've moved twice since. They're either in a keepsake box in the loft or they got left at my ex's house, or they were thrown out at some point. No idea which. LOL

Think mine went out to the bin in a nappy bag, I never thought about it to be honest x

Mine went in the bin. Never thought about it with my first and then with my second it absolutely stunk (had it checked out and all normal!) so I wasn't going to keep that!

I opened the clip and chuck the stump but kept the clip xx

Yes I thought of doing that. The cord will go nasty so I could just keep the clip. X

My mother kept ours in our baby book (hippy parents lol) but my partner was grossed out by it the whole time so just wanted rid of it haha

Both of ours have gone straight in the bin. Isabelle's stank!

Eewww my daughters went straight in the bin. Not my thing

We have the cord. In its clip and it's in like a small jar in his baby things in the loft.

I've never looked at it since its been in there so god knows what's left of it.

xxxxx

I kept it for a while and watched it wither and rot away for a little bit but decided to chuck it in the end but I kept the clip

I kept the clip and threw the stump away. It doesnt look to great when it fell off. Will be throwing my next babies away too. Not sure they will really want to see it?

I threw it away today after not being able to get the clip of. X

Things like hospital bracelets and scans I like to keep, just the none smelly things haha

Things like hospital bracelets and scans I like to keep, just the none smelly things haha

I kept my babies' hospital ID bracelets too.

This time I'm not planning on having the baby in hospital (home birth) and I'm also hoping to lotus birth so may not have a cord stump either. Instead I've got a few cord ties (just in case) and one has a heart at the end and I'm going to use it as a bracelet on the baby (rather than as a cord tie) so then when they outgrow it that will be my keep-sake.
There's also a place near me where you can paint pottery and they have a heart shaped ceramic plaque and whilst the baby is still tiny I'm going to go and write the baby's name, DOB, & birth weight and then a do a hand or foot print on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back