Cord blood

lealea85

Reaction score
Is anyone else donating their cord blood?

It's a lovely idea, but there are only certain hospitals that do it, and mine isn't one of them :(

Aww that's a shame. They should offer it at all hospitals.
Always wondered do they still do it even if u end up with a c-section

im sorry whats all this about??/??????? iv never heard of it!?xxx

I'm not which sounds awful but it would mean 2 more blood tests and I just don't want any more of that once it's born.

im sorry whats all this about??/??????? iv never heard of it!?xxx

They can use the blood in the babies cord to help save other babies that need blood. Totally painless for the baby & they would need 2 blood tests from u at 2 diff times. Def worthwhile.

I wantto do it but my hospital doesn't do it. I quite happily do it, as they just take the blood at birth from the cord, nothing major and takes 2 seconds, but I'm unfortunate in that my hosp don't do it. Not many do apparently ! X

I really wanted to but the hospital I had her in wouldn't do it :( x

Yeah I was asked if I would do this. Although they said something about testing it when I mentioned about the dysfunctional uterine bleeding I had and that I had to have 4 units of blood transfused. (they never found out why I had the bad bleed) I need to ask more about it.

x

Sorry edit to add, I know I'm not allowed to give blood for a certain amount of time because I had the tranfusions. So why would the cord blood be allowed? Anyone know? Will ask midwife when I see her anyway.

x

Last edited:
I wantto do it but my hospital doesn't do it. I quite happily do it, as they just take the blood at birth from the cord, nothing major and takes 2 seconds, but I'm unfortunate in that my hosp don't do it. Not many do apparently ! X

You need to go back to the hospital for a blood test and then weeks later go back for another one (to make sure they can use it ok). Still worthwhile though for anyone who wants to.

Im unsure if our hospital do it, but if they do thay are more than welcome to it xxx

I really wanted to too, but i think there are literally a handful of hospitals that do it, and only really around London :( Absolutely think they should roll this out to all hospitals x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back