Coping.

Ryan

Reaction score
Just basically a question for young parents. How do you cope with having a child at a young age? Is it really difficult? Say if you dont have your own home for example and things like that.

Thanks,

Ryan.

u need ur own place, ur own space is essential. It is hard being a young parent, im 19 but i dont expect it gets any easier as you get older. I would say its more of a reality check being young but its so worth it, my little boy is 3 months old in 2 weeks and he is always laughing and smiling and i love it, my life wouldnt be complete without him, but dont make the mistake in thinking that life will be the same when u have a baby that the baby will just go where u go, your life will change and half the time feeltrapped and lonely and tired, but the good points outweigh the bad. sometimes i miss work so badly i could scream but then i look at my baby boy and he flashes me a big toothless grin and i melt. Its what you make of it and if you want it to be it can be the best thing in the world

Hi Ryan, so has your GF done a test yet then?

I don't think age has anything to do with being able to cope with a child to be honest, if it's what you really want you will both manage fine i think, but then again that's my personal opinion.

Are you hoping that she is pregnant?

Hi

You end up coping no matter what age you are and what others have said good out weighs the bad.
Also having yoru own place would be alot better but alot of people do live with there parents and it still works out
Wish you all the best.
Katrinaxx

you cope everyone has to sometimes u find it so difficult like today iv just wanted to cry B hasnt slept all day and is still up (asthma bad again)
but then others u think this is the best thing i HAVE ever done!!!
99% being a mummy is great i love B to peices and in all honestly altho hard work is fun to especially now wen he is old enough to play and understand a bit of wot ur saying
i live with my parents and altho its hard its also very much worth it as i got an on tap babysitter
sorry if that doesnt make sence im sleepy lol

Thanks for the replies guys. I really do want the best whatever happens. No, we dont have our own place at the moment. My job recently ended so im having to look for more work.

@Vicki, no, not yet, today I think, (its 4AM, so today sounds better than tomorrow :lol:)

ne news yet? r we going to hear more pitter patters yet?

I dont think you NEED your own place, there is alot of people with children that still live with their family and get on fine, Sarah for one example...yes its nicer to have your own space sometimes, but their is also alot of perks in having people around to help all the time...sometimes i wish i had that!..and like sarah said, she gets a babysitter on tap! ;)

god yeah sorry i forget that not everyone has my mum, bless her i love her to bits but she has a tendancy to take over which is why i did Need my own place, i have a friend who lives with her mum and gets on fine but me i need my space, but thats not just from a baby point of view i always have. If you choose to live with family i suppose there are advantages and disadvantages

god yeah sorry i forget that not everyone has my mum, bless her i love her to bits but she has a tendancy to take over which is why i did Need my own place, i have a friend who lives with her mum and gets on fine but me i need my space, but thats not just from a baby point of view i always have. If you choose to live with family i suppose there are advantages and disadvantages

Well, the test turned out Negative. Which, at this point is fine. But we both know that they aint 100% accurate the first time (correct me if im wrong) so we are going to see what happens with her "cycle" so to speak.

Hi

I hope in the end you both get the results that you want.
Katrina

Thanks for the kind words all.

I honestly dont mind what happens. Aslong as I can support.

But I have a confession. We havent had protected sex since we started. I guess we're asking for it aint we? Dont hate me. :oops:

I love you all!

yeah haha, that is kind of asking for it, but if its what you want then hey whats wrong with that? but if its something that neither of you want then i suggest you do use some form of contraception as once that test shows positive theres no going back, whatever you would decide will effect you for the rest of your life, and a termination is not a nice thing to have to go through, i hope you get the result you want and let us know, good luck petal x

Yeah she got the Pill etc, but was going to wait until after her period until she started it. But heres the thing, apparently shes a week late. Shes never been "on time" so to speak, but yeah. What to do.

No not yet. After how long do you think we should check again?

If she gets to 2 weeks late check again

the thing is, if her Periods are irregular anyway (ivern if there not) if you ''worry'' or think about coming on, you can be late, in the past 10 years Ive lost count of the amount of times ive been over a week lates, but its always cause ive worried im late which makes it later but ive never gone longer than 2 weeks late - apart from this time..but this time I was preggers lol

Heh yeah, well it is kind of worrying. To be honest we are not ready for this commitment just yet. Future,of course. But we do talk about it. And if things turned out positive, we will REALLY have to have a good talk about things. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back