Cooking with wine?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
What is the deal?

I make my bolognese and risotto with wine, I tried them without when I was preggers but they just weren't the same.

The advice in pregnancy was that the alcohol content is lost through cooking so I assume it would be OK to give bub? Or should I find alternative recipes?

xxxx

I'd like to know this too, if its actually ok or not?
I've avoided putting red wine in bolognese and casserole's thus far but I agree they don't taste the same.
We went to a wedding reception a few months ago and ordered a beef dinner for LO which came with red wine gravy. Family said it would be ok to give it her so I did, but was very unsure about it. She didn't eat much anyway lol!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yea it's fine cos it cooks out! I don't cook with alcohol much (it never lasts long enough to make it into the food :lol:) buy I have done in the past cx

Yep it cooks out... i still cook with it during pregnancy and my stepson was given it when he was teeny so it's fine hun xx

I cook with wine for Tilly - in bolognese, stews and risotto. Alcohol has a boiling point of 78C, and in most dishes things boil or at least go above simmering point so that's fine, as the alcohol should evaporate. I tend to reduce it with the booze alone for a bit before putting other things in or putting a lid on, but tbh, it should all go during cooking xxx

Well James loved Mummy's red wine laden bolognese :lol:

(It has a small bottle in it but as Karen says you do actually boil the wine so it reduces)

xxxxxx

We can't actually afford to cook with wine here!!!!!!!the price of wine and all alcohols is insane! You can find wine alcohol free at the supermarket for cooking that actually does it for me as you cook the alcohol out anyway.
Glad he enjoyed it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back