Cooking with OXO Cubes - Is this ok?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Havent had my baby yet but im worried I will have to cook separate meals for baby and me & hubby.

My friend who has a 1 year old cooks separate meals and I think this is daft. She says she does it because babies cant have salt and that a lot of the meals she cooks she uses oxo cubes which contain salt.

Now I understand that you shouldnt add salt to meals but surely 1 oxo cube with very little salt in it will be ok when its added to meals.

Any advice please?

i have always been told no salt what so ever including oxo cubes the best way to do things is to batch cook and freeze it then all you have to do is defrost and reheat and then you will only be cooking the one meal for you and your oh

The main ingredient in OXO is salt. You can get low salt stock cubes though, or make your own stock in a massive pan and freeze it. Salt is very bad for a small baby's kidneys, so it is best to avoid it altogether.

I didn't give mine anything with oxo cubes in till they were closer to 2.

You can buy low salt gravy etc but oxo is very salty for a 1 year old.

I just make my own stock as Oxo (and similar) have high salt. Arianna eats the same as us, but I tend to make everything from scratch

Does OXO cubes also contain MSG? If so, that would be another reason to avoid using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back