contractions

ella

Reaction score
I have a feeling I am going to be asking loads of questions over the next few day - so sorry for torturing ye all in advance :D :hug:

When I get one I think - ouch that really hurts for a bit and I think - ooohh maybe I should get organised in case I need to head to hospital later on (I have a few things to do like sort out dog, finish packing etc etc.) then the pain goes away and I think nah it wasnt that bad ill have days yet and do nothing (but read this forum) then the next one comes and Im thinking oh dear it really hurts maybe I should....... etc etc

Is this normal - or I being a drama drawers

Well it depends how often they are and how painful they are... if they get to the point where you want paracetamols and they are quite often then get your ass down to hospital :D

Otherwise, braxton hicks?

But an increase in BH could mean you not got long left :cheer:

Look out for a show or your plug :D

Oh Ella..what are you going to do with your dog while you are in hospital? I am worrying about him as parents already have 4 jack russells and the only neighbours we trust are expecting at the same time as me!

The real thing will take your breath away and its really difficult to talk through them...

The other ones.. the uncomfy ones are just the practice ones that are leading up to labour..

As for the show thing.. I had more show on Saturday, and loads of contractions that were moving from uncomfy to painful and then it all stopped.. :cry: Now theres nothing... :think:

With my first i had period type pains accompanied by tightenings,( braxton hix were painless) for about 24hrs before it properly started ie had to stop walking and pause whilst i breathed through it.

Keep doing stuff the likelihood of a fast labour is unlikely with first babs but never say never. :shock:

Warley said:
Oh Ella..what are you going to do with your dog while you are in hospital? I am worrying about him as parents already have 4 jack russells and the only neighbours we trust are expecting at the same time as me!

My husbands sister is coming down to mind her - but Im very worried about her she has started having seizures the last couple of days - so I really hope she is ok. She is quite old and has had a few strokes so I dont want her suffering either - poor Chloe

Squiglet said:
The other ones.. the uncomfy ones are just the practice ones that are leading up to labour..

I think this is more likely - at their peak some of them are quite sore and I generally have quite a good pain threshold (I think) but they are not too bad or that I need pain killers - but it does help to stand up walk about and breath through them for a few seconds - just hope it means things are heading in the right direction, im still not in any great rush TBH :D - bit overwhelmed at bringing home a little person

I may have had a show but then I had an internal last monday and had bit of bloody mucous (lovely) on wed and thur and I just put it down to that - just gonna stop thinking about it and take doggie to the beach.

Sounds like you are getting ready for the real thing, I had the same in the morning before I went into hospital with Paris and they gradually got stronger as the day went on. Get some kip and conserve some energy hunny :hug:

from my experience (had 3 so far) you'll get to a point and you'll just know 'this is it' whatever you do they won't ease off of change time pattern, they'll just get stronger and last longer, then you head off when you feel like you 'need' pain relief but bear in mind you have to get to the hosp, book in, get checked THEN get pain relief :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back