Contractions/braxton hicks 35 weeks ?

LRN

Reaction score
Third baby but I never had braxton hicks with the other two. First signs of labour both times were my waters going.
Im booked in for a c section at 39 weeks, I’m currently 35 weeks but for two days straight I’ve had braxton hicks but should I feel pain with them? I feel the pain from my back to my stomach, it goes hard and I feel sick with them. I’m sleeping none stop pretty much and still so so tired.
Should I call triage?
Any advice welcome x

I’ve felt bh with my baby since 27 weeks or so. But they don’t hurt. It feels more like a tightness that goes up into my diaphragm. I think it depends how close together they are? How often are you experiencing them? They say Bh should go away if you drink water and put your feet up.

I’ve layed In bed for two days and they haven’t gone away. I have been doing a fair bit of decorating prior to this so maybe I over done it. I tracked them yesterday for an hour and they were coming every 2 mins and lasting for about a minute I then gave up tracking because they didn’t get more painful and again today they’ve stayed the same not got worse. Baby is moving lots so I’m not concerned just don’t want to go into labour as this one is meant to be a section :pray:

It’s not going to hurt to call the nurse. They’ll give you a better answer. And that’s what they’re there for. That’s really frequent. I’d call for peace of mind.

BH can definitely hurt. But this sounds like it could be Prodromal labour. From 35 weeks with my second I had painful contractions every day. They’d come every 2-5mins for 2-3 hours at a time then die right down to every 30-60mins, but they’d always pick back up... it literally lasted 5 weeks, I was so miserable by the time baby finally came.

I had my baby at 35 weeks they said it was BH. I had period pain, back pain and my bloody show the fat before the real contractions started. I've not had BH with any pregnancy just period pains idk if that's BH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back