Contractions and didn't know

Manda

Reaction score
I've just spent a week in hospital after going for a check cos i thought my waters were leaking but it turned out to be thrush (yeah i thought it was weird too) when they put me on the monitors i was having regular contractions and didn't know, i ended up being admitted and given tablets to stop the contractions and steroid injections for babys lungs, when being monitored through the night i had a really big contraction and babys heart beat dropped to 90 which really scared me but she's fine and everything has now stopped.
They also said my cervix was finger tip not quite sure what this means, but babys head is also fully engaged so not sure how much longer i will carry and am now really excited about meeting my little girl.
I went to the neonatal unit as a friends baby is in there and it has really put my mind at rest :)

Hi Manda

How scary. Glad it's stopped for now - hang in there & take it easy!! Sounds like it won't be long for you now though!

LBxx

Hi Manda,

glad to hear you're both doing well :)

+++

HI Manda

I'm concerned about the contractions and not knowing too! Seeing you get to 33 weeks has helped my confidence I must admit.
How exciting meeting your baby!! I've jsut found out that I'm having a girl too.

Let us know any progress.

Louise

Hi Manda, I'm glad you and baby are well. That must have been scarey! Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back