Contractions after sweep?

-Cat-

Reaction score
Sorry if title got you excited, no Im not having contractions yet!

Im now booked for a sweep tomorrow morning with midwife, so will be able to at least find out if Im dilating or anything.

Now I have read that its common for a sweep to give you contractions afterwards that may just stop. Now I don't want to get contractions for a hour or something, phone up OH and have him rush home from work to be with me and find they just stop. does anyone know if there is a certain point where you know if it is the real thing of not? like if its not the real thing are they irregular or is there a certain amount of time I should wait and if they are still going on its the real thing? I dont want my body to react to the sweep and I end up having a false alarm!

Hey Cat,

After i had a sweep with Amy they told me that if anything was to happen it will happen in the following 24 hours,
If you think you are having contractions after te sweep don't phone your other half until you know they are in a regular pattern, i.e every 15 minutes, or ring him to mention it but tell him not to rush home.

Take paracetamol if you experience pain and take a bath, if you are in labour they told me that the hot relaxing bath would bring the contractions on stronger, if its not true labour thehot water wold ease the pain.

Hope this hepled, bearing in mind it didn't start me off, and that was just info they gave me!!! oh and it was 2 years ago i had Amy so things might have changed

:D :D :D :D

Walking also increases the strengh of contractions so if you're up to it go for a stroll!

Good luck!

Wll Im in a happy mood now!

Midwife has been and done my sweep. and the good news is that im 50% effaced and 1cm dilated!!!!!

Midwife dosent think it will be much longer as the babies head is right on the cevix and conditions are 'favorable' apparently!!!

I have another appointment with OB tomorrow where they will give me another sweep so fingers crossed not much longer for me!

Wow! Good luck :) We'll all be thinking of you!

+++

great Cat!

hopfuly it will be any time now, might even start today!

:)

how exciting!! good luck cat!!!! let us know how you get on!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back