Consultant this morning....not great!!

Samsgirl

Reaction score
well......

he actually was not too concerned with the size of boo boo. he said they are more concerned when babies are small and he said it was a 'nice big baby; so no concerns......i am to have another scan at 38 weeks and depending what that shows, we will then discuss options about inducing early etc. he actually said that with big babies, they often have an easier delivery if labour has started naturally so they try not to worry, but he did say i will have the choice if i dont want to risk going beyond due date. he basically said we wont even have this conversation til after 38 weeks and so not to worry.......they wouldnt even induce til 38/39 weeks anyway....so with that....all seems ok...he did say the raised fluid was just cos boo boo is a big one...

then came the bad bit...talking of big ones.........i had a very uncomfortable conversation about me being overweight...which i knew i was anyway at the start of the pregnancy but i have been so careful not to pile the weight on and have done really well and he did say that was excellent and he was pleased with that...however, the bloods i had done last friday did show my sugarlevel was slightly increased and so now i have to ave a GTT done on friday!!...i was dreading this. he di say if i do have gestational diabetes then it is just slightly and will be diet controlled, but i still feel gutted.....he said that ifi see a dietician it will just help me with the rest of my life too..but i am hoping if there is any diabetes ther, then it will just go once boo boo here.......and i know i have weight to lose once boo boo here too...

so all in all.......just have to wait and see if i do have GD after friday...but fingers crossed all will be ok and all seems ok with boo boo so thats the main thing...

oh and there was tiny trace of protein in my wee, but he said that was nothing to worry about as they always find something in that clinic but its been sent off for checking just to be sure...

still feel a bit down cos it was all going so well....sorry for the long post.xx

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down!! It's a good thing that your boo boo is okay though! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you hun! Keep us posted!

:hugs:

Oh hun what joys we have during these pregnancies. The GTT isn't as bad as you think. Just remember to take lots to read and do and take something to eat and drink for after the test is done. x

Ohhh why are things never straight forward? Well yeah like others said the GTT isnt bad just boring so Im sure you will be fine. Least LO size is not concerning him too much so thats on the positive side then. Dont feel down hun your LO is going to be so worth it in the end Hugs XXX

i have such crappy little veins....they struggle to get one lot out of me...how they will then get more out 2 hours later...hmmmm...not gonna be good.....xx

Samsgirl this is exactly what happened to me.

My little boy arrived Friday.

I'll post more shortly just need to feed little man

Samsgirl this is exactly what happened to me.

My little boy arrived Friday.

I'll post more shortly just need to feed little man

ok hon....thanks xx

congratulations xxxxx

Last edited:
Awwww I'm sorry things aren't more straightforward hon. But GD controlled by diet isn't too bad - my SIL had it and it didn't cause her any real problems and she's absolutely fine now! Fx it's not though sweetie xxxxx

You poor madam,,
Least everything with boo boo is okay.
Hope your GTT goes okay, and try not to worry too much as I'm sure it will only make things worse. xxx

ive had my 2nd GTT today, first one came out normal, then i had glucose traces in my samples for 4 weeks so ive had to have another. sample today was all clear after the last one had glucose, protien and nitrates in it. i think this GTT will be clear too. and ive had the overweight chat with a consultant already and it was the only time ive had to see one so dont stress hun its not a big deal

Aw hun thats good news about baby. My cousin was told her baby was going to be big but he only weighed 8lb 9oz when they induced her at 38 weeks which isnt big at all really x
As for the piiles... me too. Get some cream. you will definately need it after the birth xx

Samsgirl - am also a 'big girl'!!! I had a GTT at 28 weeks which was absolutley normal but my levels rose in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy, as I already had a section planned at 39 weeks they decided not to do another GTT.

Romilly was 10lb 1 oz at birth!! She had a heel prick test in hospital the day after being born to check her levels but she's ok and so am I.

Oh and I got a pile in the last flippin week of pregnancy - just when I thought I had got away with it!!!

thanks ladies....will see what happens after friday i guess....

then the 21st feb is scan day (unless boo boo comes before then of course) and then the decision will be taken whether to induce or let nature take its course....xx

Hello

At 28 weeks my gtt was fine however only just the final result was 7.3.
From my 32 week scan we could see baby was big but nothin said except rescan at 36 weeks. Bump only ever measured one week ahead.
36 weeks came and baby had grown a lot in 4 weeks ( off the scale) a stand in consultant said all ok leave to 42 week if needed.
I questioned gtt test a number of times as had symptoms and baby growth indicated it.
Spoke with midwife who referred me to another consultant at 37 weeks.
Had gtt test and it came back positive but only just.
As I wasn't diagnosed until 37 week I monitored blood sugars and was induced at 38 week. Gave birth naturally and baby weighed 10lb 0.5oz.

Ill finish posting rest when I've re read the post lol doing inbetween feeds x x

Have u been given copies of scan measurements etc to date

Aww hun sorry things are a bit complex atm....at least u know everything is being done for the best for boo boo xxx

Have u been given copies of scan measurements etc to date

at the scan we had at 33 weeks.....the baby was right on the top line...so right at the top of normal, so thats why consultant yesterday was not overly concerned at this point...

he has got me another scan at 38 weeks and i just have a hunch if its a big one then, i will be getting induced around then.

my blood sugar reading from friday was 5.2.......so not too bad, literally borderline i think.

will know more after the GTT on friday...

did you need forceps or anything....well done for delivering such a big one :) xxx

Hi hun, I wasnt overweight but was measuring big so had to have GTT as well. Fluid was increased but went down later.

You have done very well with controlling your diet,you should be proud! I completely failed and paying for it now.

Piles are horrible but went away after giving birth.
Good luck with the GTT and remember, in the end you will have boo booin your arms and forget about everything.
GD goes after birth even if you end up having it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back