Consultant Led

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by FBTTN8079, Oct 19, 2016.

1. FBTTN8079

FBTTN8079 Well-Known Member

Hiya, I'm consultant led with this pregnancy being IVF & twins which is fine with me, I'm now scanned & seen every 4 weeks. The only thing I struggle with is that I don't have any midwife contact at all which means I don't know who to go to if I have a question or would have to book a whole appointment with the consultant to ask that question which isn't easy! Has anyone else had this?

2. Amy0801

Amy0801 Well-Known Member

Hiya. I am under shared care which is midwife and consultant because in my last pregnancy I had to have an emergency c-section and this time I have opted to have a VBAC. I have only seen the consultant once and i am due to see him again when I am 36 weeks. If you have any questions are you able to just speak with him over the phone or leave a message with his receptionist/secretary to ring you back?? If it is an urgent question about baby then I would ring triage and explain it to them. Sorry I can't be more helpful xx

3. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

If you're ever unsure about anything you can always phone through to reception and ask to speak to a midwife regarding advice, they may. Be short staffed but I guarantee they'd rather you phoned than left it and stressed xo

4. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

As above, you should have a midwife number to call and you also should be able to book midwife appointments regardless if you want to. I have to ring my GP and just ask to book one, so maybe try the same approach. I only realised that I could do that the other day. xx

5. FBTTN8079

FBTTN8079 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls every time I've phoned the midwife number they say oh no as your consultant led you'll need to Lossiemouth with them ! Any concerns I've always gone to traige etc but i have a question about my clexane which I will ask antenantal clinic to see if I can pass a message on but it's always so complicated! it was also my mat B1 form I didn't realise I should have had it already and given it to work ! I've just phoned my GP who can do it earliest 31st October & my plan was to start mat leave 1st November !