Consultant Led Care

Charliebump3

Reaction score
I was just wondering at what point should I be seeing a consultant if I am consultant lead. I have had a pervious section and a Wonkey pelvis. The midwife said I'd see one at 20 weeks but I've not got an appointment and it's almost 2 weeks away x

Mines been booked in for 24 weeks but got the letter when I was 12 weeks x

I'll be 26 weeks when I see the consultant. Got the letter at 20 weeks. Going to request to be put back to MW care at mine.

My midwife referred me to the consultant after my 13 week appointment, but I only got the letter at 15 weeks and the appointment was for 16+1 (but I rang up and re-scheduled it for 16+6).

Anyway, it's possible the letter will turn up next week if it's anything like my hospital (common to only get a week's notice) lol.
If not you could always phone your midwife or the maternity department.

I didn't want to read and run, I was placed straight under consultant lead care now 27+6 and still no sign of seeing a consultant.... Maybe it depends on your local nhs trust, so far ours has been awful... My main midwife is so understanding but everyone else apart from her and my GP just don't seem to want to know if there's a problem.... To the point at my first scan I was told I was obese and needed to loose weight not gain it.

I saw mine at 12 weeks and then I'll see them again at 32 weeks. I'd give them a ring and see if you can make an appointment before they send you one out.

Thanks everyone xx

I will ring them up tomorrow and ask what their protocol is! My midwife was shocked that I did not get an appointment at my 12 week scan but she hasn't done anything about it! She is being a bit rubbish this time! I told her I wanted to see a Consultant as soon as possible because I want a plan I am struggling to cope with the wait and see attitude xxx

I had an appointment at 16 weeks and have one for 20 weeks. The letter for the 16 week one came a couple of weeks before.

I was told that an appointment would be arranged for me to see the conultant at our 12 week scan appointment and then at that appointment I was told it was urgent for me to see a consultant as I may need a cervical stitch but the first appointment they could give me was 5 weeks later! I wasn't happy with that so I rang the concerns department at the hospital on the Friday, who got me an appointment with the consultant on the Monday morning, who was very pleased I had and said that the system was rubbish! I'm now seen every 2 weeks by our consultant xx

I'm mw lead but I do need to see a consultant for a problem I could encounter around the birth. I think I booked mine at 13 weeks and Il have it when I'm 23+6. My nhs is pretty awful too. Everything is done at the last min. My 20 week scan was done at the last point as was my 12 week scan. I don't even know who my regular mw is. I see one at my gps well seen her once so far got her at 25 weeks but I thought it would be a bit different and this is my first so didn't know what to expect.

I've been consultant led with all of my pregnancies but only seen a consultant in 2 of them, the first was standard procedure 17 years ago and the second was because He was high risk downs. I've not seen a consultant since x

I spoke to my midwife yesterday and she said they don't usually see you until late 35 weeks. Because I have been an absolute nervous wreck she said to ask when I have my next scan if I can have an earlier appointment. If they say no she will book one for me! I will feel much better once I have a plan in place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back