Consultant led after PPH?

C0606

Reaction score
Hello

Had my booking appointment yesterday for this pregnancy & have found out I am now classed as high risk partly due to the way my asthma played up last pregnancy but mainly due to a hemmorage where I nearly died. Wondering if anyone else has found themselves consultant led after this & what it usually involves? My midwife didn't really say much of what it would entail.

Hi there, Im 15 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and this is my first pregnancy consultant led. I too had pph both times before, and it was worse the second time. I saw my consultant for the first time today, and he has suggested and elective c-section this time. I would imagine they will discuss birth choices with you etc. Good luck :)

I had a large bleed first time round and was also put on consultant led. I just had a few extra appointments where the reason for the bleed was looked into (tired womb after long labour) and what they planned to do to make sure it didn't happen again. They also kept an eye on my iron levels through pregnancy. I had a natural birth but wasn't allowed to go in the pool or the birth suite at all and stayed in delivery.

Thanks for your reply! If you don't mind me asking how large was your bleed? I think mine would have been down to a long labour & they ignored lots of red flags etc. but it sounds like your situation is very similar so could indicate what they'll do with me!

Hi Iv just had my 1st MW app on Friday I'm being consultant led due to PPH the midwife just told me that they would just see me more often with it being consultant led u just have extra appointments. I'm worried sick about it happening again so I think I'm going to ask for a c-section if I'm honest I don't know if they will give me one but it's worth a shot xxx

Hi Iv just had my 1st MW app on Friday I'm being consultant led due to PPH the midwife just told me that they would just see me more often with it being consultant led u just have extra appointments. I'm worried sick about it happening again so I think I'm going to ask for a c-section if I'm honest I don't know if they will give me one but it's worth a shot xxx

I feel the same. No idea what's for the best! I think they are meant to examine your notes and tell you exactly why you had the PPH before determine 'best' birth plan as for some of the reasons PPH's occur in natural birth it could also happen in c section anyway. As far as I know mine was due to far too long a labour so my uterus couldn't contract, few other complications and I was ignored when I knew something wasn't 'right' - pain in my neck and shoulders which MW has now told me is sign of internal bleeding that they missed for hours! I just can't imagine going back in for a natural birth again & potentially being at the mercy of people not listening eek!!

In the UK you do have the right to request a CS, even without medical grounds. Of course there are certain risks of having a CS, including an increased risk of hemorrhage compaired to a normal birth, but under your circumstances I can understand why you might consider it.

I had one after my last c section so sometimes that doesn't help either. I'm planning on a vbac this time but I just have more consultant appointments

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back