Consultant appt...

twinkle90

Reaction score
So just got back and ive got to inject myself with Clexane. Something to do with Diabetes. Then growth scans at 28wks 34wks and 36wks. Then ive got to see another consultant in 2wks to talk about procedures of delivery and the cinsultant today mentioned epidural. Alls fun during pregnancy :)

Bless , good they keeping a eye on u x

Are you diabetic or being tested for it in pregnancy? As clexane is a blood thinner.

I havent been told im diabetic. Nor been tested xxx

did youhave the test for the gestational diabetes?

on the plus side, you get to see baby a few more times on the scans before your due date :)

A bit strange they have mentioned it then. I had a glucose tolerance test(GTT) at 28 weeks to test for gestational diabetes as BMI raised and mum is diabetic. Came back I am diabetic but not on clexane just testing blood sugars and on metformin. I was having growth scans anyway for my hypothyroidism. Perhaps you need to clarify your plan.

So can someone please explain what clexane does then? All she mentioned was blood clots. Xxx

Clexane is a blood thinner, nothing to do with diabetes. You will probably have a GTT at 28 weeks if your bmi is.high or there is a family history

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thanks Knopk. They confused me with talking about diabetes then telling about Clexane. Surely my urine sample wouldve picked something up right? Ill have to ask my mum about family history xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back