Consultant appt tomorrow....need to be firm with him

kaz1983

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you are well

Im 35weeks and having a growth scan tomorrow and seeing the consultant aswell. My issue is ive been itching for about 2weeks and blood levels for OC have gone up and i presume they will continue to do so until delivery

I have been on british liver trust website and there are risks of going over 38weeks with OC and ive bn told by midwives and other doctors to just be firm with my consultant but im frightened he wont listen and im frightened something will go wrong if they dont deliver

Has anyone else told their consultant wat they wanted an theyve actually listened ? We are living on edge each day an im watching every movement wondering if everythings ok or not xx

Yes been very firm with them. Tell them exactly what your thoughts and feelings are. I had to tell them how it made me feel and they returned saying they didn't want to risk anything and induced me like a week or two later xxx

He seems to be very understanding hes just so laid back with it - i think he will be accommodating an i knos hes the qualified one but i dont ghinknil relax till baby is here safe in mg arms

Wen did they induce u how many weeks were u?i donf evdn mind if they say il nd the steroids its for sake of my sanity i nd induced its not that im impatient its fear xxx

Last edited:
Had the steriid injection and induced at 36+5 had my DD at 37 weeks. Xx

Was that due to diabetes or another reason im not sure theyl take fear as a reason xx

This is the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists guidelines on OC.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/gtg_43.pdf

They ought to be taking you seriously and offering you something to manage the itch (like Ursodeoxycholic Acid tablets)
Though please do not be overly worried about stillbirth xx

Thanks for link il have a read my gastroenterologist has been pestering me to start urso for ages due to a genetic liver condition but the fear of it harming baby was too much even tho he assures me it wont

Ive got a list of things to put to him which include fear of stillbirth, cant plan anything as dont know if il get kept in after appts an our 3yr old (since i was admitted the first time) has started coming theu in middle of the night just to check im still there

Fingers crossed he is understanding xx

I've had two babies after taking Urso for 3+ weeks and both were fine. I am *really* fussy about what I do or take in pregnancy and so distrusting of medication and intervention generally, but I trust the Urso. Mostly because I took it with my older kids and they were fine. So maybe it's niave of me, but I do believe it's safe.

I could well be wrong for thinking like this (please, this is just my opinion) but for me I trust taking the UDCA more than having an induction, lol.

From most recent studies, incidence of stillbirth in patients with OC is 5.8 per 1000 babies/births. Comparatively, stillbirth rates in the rest of the population is 5.4 per 1000 births. So statistically the increased risk is very small. It's 0.5% for both OC and non OC pregnancies.

That's not to say you should ignore it or be complacent, but it's small enough of a risk for you to not be overly stressing about it if you see what I mean.

Good luck with your consultant tomorrow x

Last edited:
Thanks muchly hun your post has helped im hoping my gastroenterologist has spoken to the obstetrician and they have a plan ? Just trying to relax as much as possible before appt at 10 i just nd to be honest with him and hope for the best will update later xx

Well todays appt was a surprise i told mw all my fears an she was lovely then i had my growth scan again everything fine so i asked consultant if he could give me an end date to focus on an to start with he sed no as obviously i may go into labour but then wen i sed it wud make me feel calmer he agreed so unless i go into labour myself im booked in on 11th feb for induction xx

Hey Hun just to say good luck I was induced at 37 weeks for oc I was diagnosed at 36 weeks and the consultant just said to me I could make the decision anytime after 37 weeks. Glad u have an end date to focus on x

Hey hun thanks for reply it gives me hope can i ask how u were induced was it a pessary or a drip xx

I had a pessery first that took 12 hours then my waters broke I was getting contractions but not regular and not strong enough so was then put on a drip I took ages to dilate and eventually ended up with forceps but it was fine. I just think she wasn't ready to come out so the earlier they induce the longer it takes xx

Thats why im gonna dee if theyl do a section my body is absolutely drained i dont think il hav the energy to go thru lsbour im mentally and emotionally drained also xx

Tbh kaz I'm doing the same! I didn't want to say anything negative about induction with you being so close to it but I will never be induced again! I was admitted Monday and had her Thursday I ended up with a bad 3rd degree tear which was horrendous and it exhausted me. I have a meet with a consultant at end of the month to discuss the birth. I haven't developed oc again yet but regardless I will be having a section I'm not risking it again. What was ur first birth like? X

First birth was great i went in as was passing muconium an i was instantly put on the drip had horrendous back pain as eluse was back to back so managed with heat packs waters went 2.5hrs after starting the drip an i managed for snother couple hrs before asking for diamorphine an after that i was out of it till she was born

I mentally an physically do not think i have the strength to go thru labour naturally so im going to ask for a section its nof wat i wanted but i cant take anymore ive bn babysat all day by mum as i was scared id pass ouf agsin wen i was on my own wi eluse its just bn awful these last few weeks :( xx

Oh bless you I hated being pregnant and I hate being pregnant this time it just doesn't agree with my body! How come u feel like passing out have u got low bp? Feel so sorry for u I remember the last few weeks been bad last time too. When r u going to request c section? Xx

Im not sure if my bp was low i just passed out on monday afternoon full force onto bump so im terrified its gonna hzppen again

Ive itched the inside of my foot red raw just now hoping that instead of induction nxt thursday theyl do a section by thd 11th il bd 37+4 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back