COnsultant appointment

entre

Reaction score
HI

ANyone know why I might have a consultant appointment? Had one come through, doesnt say why.

My BMI is over and im 33 yr old. Second child.

ANy ideas?

Have you had bloods done? Could be something related maybe? How high is your bmi usually over 35 they may refer you. Best bet is just to ask. Hope everythongs okay!

I had to see a consultant because I'm on antidepressants. She wanted to assess my mental health & simply said keep taking them as the dosage is low & wont effect baby. Anything out of the norm on your notes will usually require a consultants appointment. I wouldn't worry. Good luck x

Ask your midwife!
That's really bizarre that you have no idea why you have been given one.
Sure it's fine, in fact I found it very reassuring to have a consultant look me over.
Hope all goes well. Xx

I had a consultant appointment after my booking in appointment based on my previous pregnancies (OC in my first two pregnancies).
I said I wanted to stay midwife-led and was just told to come back if I got any itching which I havent.
So I've stayed just seeing my midwife all the way through until now because I have low platelets. Had a stupid consultant appointment (running over an hour and a half late!) where she just did everything the MW does. And then said to book another appointment for two weeks time, which I didn't, and then they booked one for me! I got the letter this morning lol. LAst thing I want to do at 40 weeks pregnant is have to trek on to the hospital and sit around for over an hour (they are ALWAYS running behind) just for a member of the consultant team to do everything my midwife does. so I'll be cancelling it (with any luck the baby will be born before then anyway)

Did you have any complications last time? I was put down as consultant led because of a 3rd degree tear, but went back to MW led after one perfunctory appointment with the consultant. MW should have told you why though...

My BMI is 38.

Maybe thats why, no complications with last pregnancy.

Previous diagnosee of severe anxiety - cured myself with medications over 6 months ago.

Will ask midwife however dont see her til after appointment lol so will just have to see I guess!

thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back