Consultant appointment tomorrow

Killeen2013

Reaction score
Got an appointment with the consultant tomorrow but letter didn't ask me to do anything in advance (urine sample /full bladder). Do you normally need to? I'll be 14+6 and don't have any appointments then until 20 week scan!

What do consultants do? xx

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I had a consultant appointment at ~13 weeks and had to do a urine sample before I went in. The consultant went over my medical history & talked about the plan for the remainder of the pregnancy. You'll need to bring your notes, but that's probably it.

Thank you - i would have forgotten my notes! X

I had a consultant appointment at 12weeks as I'm "overweight" had to take a urine sample. Waited for an hour for a 2 min appointment telling me I'll need an extra scan at 34 weeks.

Good luck :)

xx

I seen the consultant at 14 too. I don't recall giving a urine sample. She basically just went over how I was feeling, telling me what her involvement will be in the pregnancy and letting me know my appointments to see her. She also put me on baby aspirin x

I have a consultant appointment cos of my BMI, not sure what will actually happen.

I have a consultant appointment cos of my BMI, not sure what will actually happen.

This is what I had. Its nothing to worry about she will just tell you when they will be doing extra scans but does depend on how high your BMI is as mine was only 31

xx

The appointment was pointless! They took me an hour late! All they did was test my urine, take my blood pressure and tell me they have no immediate concerns over my back (I was referred as I broke my coccyx years ago and suffer back pain from it.) I now have no appointment until my 20 week scan in June 27th.. Too long! Argh

The appointment was pointless! They took me an hour late! All they did was test my urine, take my blood pressure and tell me they have no immediate concerns over my back (I was referred as I broke my coccyx years ago and suffer back pain from it.) I now have no appointment until my 20 week scan in June 27th.. Too long! Argh

That's good news. They are pretty pointless tho, specially when they keep you waiting lol

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back