Consultant appointment today...

Kayley91

Reaction score
I have to go see a consultant today at 1:45... I'm so nervous because it appears I'm going by myself. :(

What sort of thing shall i expect?

xxx

Interested in this myself as I'm going tomorrow (also on my own as told hubby would be ok as he's self employed and already had time off for scans)

I just got back from mine. It was ok. Weight and blood pressure and lots of talking and making plans depending on the reason your seeing them. I'm high risk. My notes have been written all over lol and a plan made. Also had some medication given. But mainly it's all talking x

Mine was pretty much the same. I found mine really reassuring. I had to go by myself because my OH had to look after our LO. It wasn't as difficult as I thought going alone - the consultant's there to help, I'm sure it'll be fine x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies... Reassuring as ever!! :)

My mum normally comes to appointments with me but she couldnt get the time off today. :(

xxx

I've got mine at 1.45 too, it'll be my 3rd one as I'm tri hopping here & I'm 29 weeks. Tbh they are a bit of a waste of time, they take urine, blood pressure, ask if you're ok, listen to baby's heartbeat - that's about it. It's nothing to worry about at all!

Tbh they are a bit of a waste of time

I wouldn't agree. I'm so relieved to have consultant care after my previous pre-eclampsia pregnancy. The mw during my last pregnancy completely missed my pre-eclampsia, despite supposedly testing urine samples and taking blood pressure. As a consequence my baby stopped growing at 32 weeks. Now I have a consultant, I'm having growth scans, regular bp checks and extra appointments. At least with so many people looking after me the chances of missing anything sinister are reduced (although admittedly I have a bp monitor and am considering getting urine dipsticks!).

Im seeing a consultant next week. Im glad really just for extra help and info i guess xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back