Consultant appointment - so relieved!

Ella1979

Reaction score
I'm high risk due to previous pre-eclampsia, fetal distress, IUGR and preterm birth, so had to see a consultant yesterday. It went so well! I'm going to have weekly blood pressure checks from 30 weeks; growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks; and another appointment with the consultant when I'm 34 weeks. She said if I start developing pre-eclampsia again, the midwife will refer me to her earlier. I also get the option of choosing to have a c-section or going with a vbac. So relieved at how well they're going to look after me, I could have burst into tears!

On a slightly different note - I had the best reason ever for not buying a doppler (not that I was going to anyway): consultant couldn't find baby's heartbeat! Scared the life out of me!!! She had to do an ultrasound instead, which showed the baby's heart beating merrily away!

Glad it all went well Hun :) I'm also consultant led and having a growth scan every 4 weeks. It's nice to know they're keeping an eye on things isn't it (plus u get to see you're little one a lot!) xx

Yes, it's really reassuring! I was so worried about getting pregnant again, but me and the OH had decided ages ago we wanted two children and I really didn't want one awful experience to put me off. I'm going to be looked after much better than last time, plus I know the signs/symptoms to look out for this time.

I'm glad it went so well and they'll keep a close eye on you! :)

xxxx

Ahh they sound very reassuring and taking good care of you withyour history, and your pregnancy experiance needent be the same again this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back