Constipation

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
And now Naomi is also constipated! We were told not to give her water with the feed as it dilutes the medication, but to hold her bottom off the mat by dangling her lower half by her ankles, and that should help her to go. It did in the doctor's office, she pooed all over the place. But since she came home it hasn't worked.

Any advice?

Sue

try moving her legs like they are cycling a bike, has worked for Damien before. Other than that not sure mate. x

Actually our Health Nurse told me that glucose and water is no longer recommended and that a half teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice should do the trick.

It DID! And Naomi loved it, even licked all around her mouth looking for more. Her expression was priceless *L*

Sue

Jamie has been badly constipated lately and i was told to give him diluted prune juice....he absolutely hated it but it did work!! also the cycling thing like Sami said works well.

I was told to mix a teaspoon of orange juice with an 1 oz of water

michelle82 said:
I was told to mix a teaspoon of orange juice with an 1 oz of water

So was I but she did a poo before I got chance to try it!!

Tiny Sue said:
Actually our Health Nurse told me that glucose and water is no longer recommended and that a half teaspoon of freshly squeezed orange juice should do the trick.

It DID! And Naomi loved it, even licked all around her mouth looking for more. Her expression was priceless *L*

Sue

was going to sugest that, Coby was consipated when i switched from breast to bottle, orange juice cleared him right out lol

my health visitor told me to put one teaspoon of orange juice in a bottle of water when eva was a bit constipated. seemed to help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back