Constipation

maldives

Reaction score
It's killing me :oops: , the Dr have perscribed several things which either doesnt work or tastes awfully discusting :puke:
now im on fibogel which u mix it with water and tastes really awful dunno if ill be able to stick to it.
what do u ladies do to relief this problem?

I had lactulose, very sweet but tastes so much better than fibregel, try plenty of fruit juice to like pineapple.

Truthfully, if lactulose or fibogel doesn't do the job for me I bring out the big guns :shock: :shock: :shock:

I go eat 3 Weetabix for breakfast, then have a practically a whole tin (a struggle to fit in but hell it does the job) of baked beans and a slice or two of wholemeal toast for late lunch.

And then I wait..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't eat anything for the rest of the day other than fruit and healthy nibbles. Drink plenty of water also (at least 4 glasses a day anyways)

Clears me out like a charm.

Must add I never do this if I have to go *anywhere* at all during the day or evening. No point as I will be needing to hit the loo and not get off it for a while :rotfl: My poor hubby has suffered a few times I can tell you :rotfl: :rotfl: :roll: :roll:

Senokot seems to do the job for me (tablets). I dont really like taking them if i've got work the next day cus it makes me need to go 3-4 times and i'm a bit shy about going at work!

I take the Sherlock approach and just eat loads of fibre-rich food and fruit and drink loads of water.

Dried apricots are FANTASTIC for constipation, and they're a good source of vitamins too. I find 5 of those clear me out no problem :rotfl:

I sympathise though, it is awful when it starts to hurt :(

PRUNES!!!!!!!!!!

if ya need a story to it look in the embarrasing pregno things thread lol!!!!!

Lactulose workes a charm for me
food that helps is lots of fruit or vegtables that gets things moving
And weetabix bits with yoghurt and mixed fruits on top for breakfast.

Prunes, prune juice and lots of WATER...about 8 glasses per day. I also found that being a bit more active helped - walking for about 1/2 hour a day. Good luck :hug:

i am suffering too. unfortunately my main craving is pickled eggs - yes i know, its insane, but i cant help it. if i dont have one a day i get up through the night craving one :rotfl: doesnt help the constipation at all!!

I dont find fibogel all that bad...quite tasty in my book. all i can suggest is up your fluid intake and have a chat with midwife/doc...sometimes you can get fibre overload that can have adverse affects.

there's that new stuff ive been taking...fibre sure. it says you can mix with food or anything, but it goes lumpy in anything but water. in water it completely dissolves, but you have to be religious in taking it. tescos had it on special offer, but it might be done now.

skimpy said:
I dont find fibogel all that bad...quite tasty in my book. all i can suggest is up your fluid intake and have a chat with midwife/doc...sometimes you can get fibre overload that can have adverse affects.

O dear about the pickled eggs :lol: :roll: I've not really craved anything :?

I tend to manage on a normal diet, with a bit of lactulose (which is supposed to soften things up is all). I only go the fibre day occasionally when I've not been able to go for a few days and I'm getting uncomfy and miserable with it. I do eat Weetabix for breakfast every other day for fibre intake though. MW said it was a good one to eat if I didn't like the All Bran and stuff. I don't, they are all :puke:

Sherlock said:
I do eat Weetabix for breakfast every other day for fibre intake though. MW said it was a good one to eat if I didn't like the All Bran and stuff. I don't, they are all :puke:

Lies, all lies! :fib:

I have Sultana Bran every day and it's yum! Bran Flakes taste like cardboard but for some reason I can tolerate them with extra sultanas...

I can confirm that they do "keep you regular" as my Grandma would say... :rotfl:

hi girls,
Fybogel didn't seem to work. :oops:
I have taken it twice yesterday as stated and this morning now I just had couple of prunes and thinking of having all bran :roll: is it going to be over or i should wait and see if the prunes does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back