Constipation

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by kittykitchn, Jun 1, 2016.

1. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

Since changing to combination feeding and introducing formula there has been a lack of dirty nappies. Although this seems fairly normal, when should I start worrying? It's been nearly 48 hours since she passed any poo and is really straining to go. She goes bright red and starts to cry

Everything I'm reading online seems to be intended for older babies - she's 4 weeks tomorrow.

2. Lolie14

Lolie14 Well-Known Member

Cool boiled (brown) sugar water worked for us. GP recommended it, said it's the same thing as lactulose.

3. JD.Deedee

JD.Deedee Well-Known Member

Max 3mls cooled boiled water will help x

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I used to give an oz or so of cool boiled water inbetween feeds. Worked a treat.

xxxxx

5. *glow*

*glow* Well-Known Member

This happened when I started to combi feed .. It passed after about a week or two. I tried cooled boiled water which didn't work for my third but it did work for my others.

Try bicycling legs or the one that really worked for me was hold baby legs in a squat position in the car seat or other place it really worked for my youngest

Also I used to do clockwise gentle massage with my thumb below belly button to stimulate movement X

6. T84

T84 Well-Known Member